Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

Just tested PGMs, both vs a target or the ground, despite locking on at greater ranges. Doesnt actually let you fire until 6km (in test flight) though Ive had more than that in matches, but they can be overly… picky

it was the CANDATS or the Canadian ADATS, the uk has a few options but no doubt gaijin will say no

yeah I can launch it at 12km but most of the time blows up mid air

Average tv missiles, : p

Well… Just did another test flight, didnt let me fire, on 100% clear weather, at all. Never once did it let me fire. Even at 500m. Apparently was too far away for PGMs to fire at a stationary vehicle in the open, with or without TIALD

“balance”

Actually, maybe “morning” is too dark for it

1 Like

Yep, working better on noon rather than morning.

isnt the PGM meant to be an all weather weapon?

If it had the IR seeker. Gaijin… true to form… only gave us the TV seeker head.

1 Like

Gaijin makes such kind of weapons in 3 types, first one like agm62 is 3km, and the agm65a/b is 6km, for more advanced missiles like agm65d or kh38t, they are 12km, however this range depends on the target size, if you lock the ship, it can be longer.

1 Like

agm-65a is 3km too

F4f ice doesn’t have hmd. It could slave them to radar though.

nope, actually, agm65b is 12km, MD, and gaijin updated the range from the 3-12km to 6-18km, it was summarized by a Chinese player, you can see line 23, the agm65a could lock the ground target at 6km.

that’s what I said about, data range and actual range, you are right the first time. 3, 6, 12 km, corresponding to 6, 12, 20 km in data

maybe it needs to consider if the vehicles are moving, and their size, however, it is pretty hard to figure out the actual range under different situations, as I said the first time, they all depend on the players’ experience.

Pretty sure the F-4F ICE doesnt get HMD

1: No. Cause Germany can get the Argentinian Version of the F-16, which is already been suggested by UnHolySausage. & the Polish version should go to a Independent polish or in the near future a Visegrád tech-tree.

And 2: You already posted this type of question before when you suggest it should go to the U.K. Which of course was also a no.

Idk if this is an HMD but looks like one and the Pilot is not pointing the nose directly

2 Likes