Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Except that the click bait’s soft kill works different than the soft kill from the Mk.3 that was on the leak list from what I could find.

The Mk.3 Raam Segol, that was on the leak list, uses the purple thunder APS from what I could find. How that works is that it detects incoming missiles, automatically turns the turret towards the missile and deploys a smoke screen. It doesn’t jam the missile at all from what I read.

So either it won’t be modeled or at best it will have a sort of missile approach warning like some helis have.

well that would indeed not work in-game atm (that doesnt mean a new system wont be added yk?), however they can just give a normal soft kill that maybe doesn’t detect missiles that close to you and the whole smoke screen would be in our imagination

but probably it deflects the missile somehow because logically if a missile loses “lock” it will just keep direction → still hitting you

(and i would imagine that they are going to make some sort of soft kill or otherwise they could just add a normal Mk3 without creating so much controversy)

I think giving it fake jamming capabilites would be a wrong decision. Imo making it a sort of missile approach warning system that tells you where said missile is coming from would be really nice and way more useful.

Keep in mind that there are barely any ATGMs at 11.0 that are affected by jamming, hell I can’t even think of any.

1 Like

im not that much into ATGMs but probably if they put it at 11.3 it could jam some ATGMs from BMPs in a downtier of some sort which are very annoying

BMP-2M use laser guided missiles and thus wouldn’t be affected by these types of jammers.

Top put it into context. The last BMP atgm you would be able to jam is the one on the 8.7 BMP-2.

yh whatever who knows, but they have to make it pretty decent so people would buy it, however i think i would be ok with just a normal Mk3 that is supposed to be just that or if they add something that supposedly has soft kill they have to make it useful somehow. I just want something worthy of 11.0 so I can use my jets

Maybe. I really couldn’t say. Gaijins been dragging their heels on adding newer battleships for THREE YEARS so unless the leaker claiming so is Anton himself, I struggle to believe.
As far as naval goes right now I’m leaning towards another C&P battleship, and some coastal thing that nobody will ever play.

2 Likes

What do you mean? Don’t you see the difference?

New Japanese battleship I want to see. Any battleship, but I’d like to see a new caliber.
Although I’m still waiting for the cruiser Maya 1944 and Takao 1945. And the destroyer Yukikaze 1945 would also like to see

Turret armor is also a bit different, probably worse.

either some 1.3 Coastal MG carrier or some boat that’s actually not looking too bad but sadly sits at 3.7 and faces Destroyers all the time

I mean either way it’s Merkava 3D which makes it better than both Israeli Mk3’s

1 Like

Depends on if the Coastal thing is a Flower class corvette or not. As I’d play a Flower-class to death.

I would like the see nelson class of battleships, I’d love to see HMS Rodney so I can hunt the bismarck, or in war thunders case the scharnhorst.

Wait, you guys have new battleship ?

4 Likes

No, these are just thoughts out loud
It’s just that, as a fan of the Japanese fleet, I would like to get a new product

For example, I want to see Japan battleship Hiei 1942, before her death

I know, but at least you got some cool BBs that are not old dread recently x)

2 Likes

Yes, but I want more)

Spoiler

xD

1 Like

I know that feeling

Résumé

I need this beauty !

3 Likes