Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

only after mig 29k

29k would be better tho. less missiles but much better radar

He’s already answered that. They’re not coming for a bit.

My good fellow. The Gszabi sheet says blovdegs 20th Feb and Patch on 12th March. At most we might expect some pre-order (Like the KVT was) to be posted before actual season begins proper.

Nice to see you old friend (-.:

2 Likes

How are B17s supposed to stand a chance in this event?

Right now there 's no indications for how those nations might be implemented, just evidence to believe they might be.

If they are though, my expectation is for the Netherlands to join Sweden to fill some capability gaps in their Naval techtree.

1 Like

Their numbers have been increased.

2 Likes

oh my bad, when was that? lol

Like the Q5E?

The AV8 can carry wing tip aim-120s and its proven to do so. It technically possible. So most likely can’t is false.

You just do not often see them with the loadout because there is really no need for it in the average mission setting. Just like the average F-16 does not fly with 6 Aim9s on every single pylon on average.

In WT it absolutely can be a possibility.

4 Likes

If it can then it can. Not like this capability matters that much

1 Like

lol It probably wont.

but 6x Aim9Bs are better than 4, no?

I wish the F-20 is tech tree, there is a HUGE gap between the F-5E and F-16A which needs filling, and the F-20 would be absolutely more than perfect as it still has the shitty AIM-9J/Ps, while having better flight performance than F-5E, while worse than F-16A. Coupled with addition of AIM-7s, it would be a great 11.3-11.7 tech tree.

Otherwise, the only vehicle that can be added there is some prototype F-16 which is kinda boring

1 Like

I think that is a fine vision for the F-20 Tigershark

11.7 would most likely its BR. Its got a great PD radar, better engine and dogfight capability. It would also help fill out the 11.7 bracket that is only currently held by the F-14A (early)

GJ may give it dogfight sparrows, which would be dope and give it better uniqueness.

Aircraft that can compete with it could be the MLD w/R73s (11.7) MiG-23-98 (12.0) the Mig 21-93 (12.3)

An early F-20/F-5G would fill this gap better. I believe there was one that just carried 6 Aim-9Js, so sounds like a great 11.0-11.3 to me.

1 Like

What’s an early F-20? Sounds cool.

that F-20 or F-5G can fill an event? the one you mention that just carried 6 Js? Give the better one in the tech tree? Satisfy all parties?

1 Like

It absolutely wasn’t planned.

I believe there were differences between the 3 F-20s that were constructed. An early variant of the (possibly first built) F-5G with just Aim-9Js should be a possible addition if my memory and light research serves me correctly…

2 Likes

I think you are on to something. There is not just one iteration of the fighter.

it can potentially fill two BR brackets.