Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

There is a Jordanian Challenger 1 that they upgraded that i hope they will add
Has a smoothbore 120mm

1 Like

So… Dutch aircraft to German Tree denied but we did get Dutch and Belgium statcard flags recently added to the game.
Any indication for a BeNeLux tree?

Where else would the statcards be used? Sweden because they were interested in Fokker G1’s but never bought them? Or because they already have Finish operated Fokker D21’s?

France because the Battle for the Netherlands was at the same time as the Battle for France? Or because France operated a handful of Dutch Koolhoven aircraft?

Currently the Dutch and Germany militaries are deeply intertwined. The German F-104G in WT has the loadouts of the Dutch F-104G because the German loadouts sucked too hard. Was always thinking atleast the modern Dutch airforce would’ve gone well in the German TT.

I’m glad that there are no plans for adding them ther though since that is one step towards a BeNeLux tree.

2 Likes

Well, we have to make the assumption that the armor would be more effective than Russian base armor, and keep in mind that the Russians also keep the ERA ontop, so imagine 2A5 hull armor with contact 5 ERA ontop. Also the new style composite has better hull coverage for the driver and lower plate, so in general it makes people not want to shoot there at all

2 Likes

They did for the TOG II. Literally. So yeah.

Dicker Max, only 2 built, is in the tree… Prototypes can fill critical gaps in tech trees sometimes. I don’t buy the equivalence of prototype = event or premium. The VK3002 is another great example.

1 Like

I still believe gaijin doesn’t actually have actual rules for new additions and PR is just making it up along the way

8 Likes

I mean, the bar definitely keeps changing over time. But usually they give us some indication that they plan to move past current limitations

2 Likes

keeps changing is really putting it mildly

I remember when they said they’ll never add Super sonic jets and the game will stop at the Korean war era

then when they did they said they’ll never! add Air to Air missiles, then Sidewinders dropped

1 Like

Some of these changes have taken years tho, so it’s hard to say how long until our next big jump, although at this rate, we’re gonna be running out of big jumps sooner than later. We’re getting FOX-3’s either this update or next, and after that the only big jump for air is AESA, 4.5 gen insane airframes, and stealth.
For ground the big new things would be more APS systems for everyone, and more experimental/Late tanks with high end prefromance(only some nations even have a chance to get these)

1 Like

we are approaching the final end, I know

just what comes after is the question

I imagine that’s when Gaijin’s gonna be more keen on maybe freshening things up: further QoL changes, maybe additional gamemodes, probably reworking current game modes to allow the addition of other vehicles not yet in-game (modern bombers), etc

Naval would get more in their focus I believe and maybe stuff like sattelites and mechanics like AWACS

1 Like

Su-33 definitely must be tt in Yak-141 naval line

3 Likes

Maybe it should go there as that line would be dead with out it

Hey that’s a fair point
Those flags probably weren’t added at the same time for nothing, and since it’s not going to Germany…

2 Likes

Exactly! I also somehow expected you to reply first :)

1 Like

The 2A5 hull armor isn’t something I would consider as a good hull though, with it barely being able to stop 3BM42.

Heatmapping IRCCM would also be a massive jump.
Also, “active protection system systems”.

Well hey i try not to bring it up when it’s off-topic but it’s a valid rumor

1 Like

No. Before spo 32, su-33 don’t have rwr, you don’t found any photos with spo-15

@Smin1080p popcorn?

1 Like