Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Rumor came from a Russian military expo with an info panel that had outright false info on it

195, Black eagle, and 477 are my dream girls

1 Like

The rumor actually came from a very small planning phase for a T-90AM with the 152.4mm for testing, though that was never implemented and never got past the drawboard.

Maybe true as well, but I also know that one of the first military expos with T-90M, had a panel claim it also used the gun, even tho no production version ever did

It may have said that it was planned, though I personally haven’t seen that expo tag. If you find it, can you send it?

I’d have to do some digging and look, but I def remember that one of the military expos for Russia claimed that the regular 90M had the improved gun for some reason.
Might be this one, not sure tho

I see. Thank you all for the info!

2 Likes

You know what would be a cool surprise this update that we all kind of forgot about? The F-20 Tigershark.

From what I read I would prefer the CATTB over the Thumper, but that might be a bit OP for now.

The Thumper seems to be to the CATTB what the XM-803 is to the MBT-70.

russian+armor+T-72_T-90_object+187
Supposed array of frontal armour of Object 187.

7 Likes

god damn

which frontal armor tho? turret?

Upper Front Plate.

First two models had new exhaust ports out of the rear instead of the left side. 3rd and 4th had GTD-1250’s in them. Models three and four would basically be a T-80 power pack and transmission on a T-72 hull, with a welded T-90 turret. Basically what I’ve been arguing Russia needs to develop next, more or less. Very interesting, even though I don’t like the look of the gun tbh.

Black eagle would actually be ana amazing tank, both in game and real life, as it solves the biggest issue with Russian tanks, that being ammo detonations. But the composite found on 187 wasn’t for nothing, as it’s most likely the base design for what’s now the armor on the Armata(just don’t worry about production numbers xaxaxa)

4 Likes

Question is. Seeing how Gaijin does western style armor arrays, would this actually be an improvement or not over the russian style armor arrays?

I know, I believe 5th and 6th were the best, having about same horsepower as gasturbine, but also a better reverse gear and ability to rotate on spot.

1 Like

nobody forgot about it because it was in 2 leak lists already

it dominated this topic for at least a week

5 Likes

IRL its improvement, I will take a look at how APDSFS in game performs at 60° and 30°, if it performs worse at 30° than it’s gonna perform better.

Oh and no matter if its better armour or not now it would be first T serie to have hjgh slopped frontal plate like on Abrams or Leopard 2, it wouldnt have same driver port weakspot.

1 Like

One could almost get excited for how Britain could be improved. How much potential there is for good content in that tree.

China is also a very exciting tech tree with high potential.

Most exciting for me would be stuff like Land Shield 3000 (陸盾3000) because I don’t know who would hate to see 11 barrel gatling cannons.

But I’d mostly hope for North Korean vehicles soon. At least it would be genuinely novel to have ATGM, MANPADS, Grenade launcher, KPV and Cannon on a single vehicle.

Theoretically devblog season should start in 10 days or so. We will see what is on offer this major.

2 Likes

The F-20 as an event vehicle makes the most sense

I’m hoping it does come, I want it so bad ;-;

2 Likes