Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

It seems to me that the battleship Mutsu will be ready somewhere around 1920+ or 1928, no later.
Simply because sisterships give before upgrades. And leaders are given at the peak of modernization

And our Mutsu will look something like this

2 Likes

looking at it and 99% sure it doesnt have it and it traded it for the maws

One of the reasons might of been that the IRCM system on the Su-39 would be more or less outdated by now, as most modern missiles are capable of ignoring 1st gen IRCM systems. However the Ka-52 uses DRICM, which works a bit differently, and therefore only the most modern IR missiles have a chance to ignore it, such as the modern stinger variants.

It still possible that the Su-25SM3 has an IRCM system, but I just haven’t seen concrete proof it’s on it, and I’m not sure where it might be, unless the UV sensors serve a double function

1 Like

very possible

Thats not a bad idea actually. I suppose IRCM does nothing vs ASRAAM, IRIS-T, Aim-9X etc but MAWS would still detect theyve been fired.

Well either way it wouldn’t be the same system as on the Su-39, but some people claim(and I used to be confident) that it has the same system on the Ka-52 or Mi-28NM and it’s just built in somewhere across the plane

Maybe there is a proof of it in the russian forum, i’m going to check.

1 Like

Godspeed and good luck.

This is not TR (This is the name of the country, if anything), lol. The photo shows a Leopard 2A4T1

at least the good news is ruskis getting a thermal capable aircraft
" fitted with the PrNK-25SM-1 sighting and navigation system comprising a BTsU-25S onboard digital computing system, an MFTsI-0332M multifunctional color display, and a SOLT-25 optical-laser remote-thermal-imaging system."
i personally dont mind tv but at the same time it takes twice if not more time to search for possible threats or targets which easily at top tier gets you shot down

1 Like

That and a lack of good f&f options are really the only weaknesses of the su25t/su39 as ground attackers currently.

Found this.

1 Like

@DevilO6 It would be funny as hell if you make a convo where Smin insults himself. hehe
I’m sure you can find everything to make that happen.

/s

Those two pods on the wings are the ecm pods, so that would make sense.

I have a channed on my storage discord with smins

1 Like

The thermals would be great for the USSR, especially if we get other variants of the Kh-25 with TV guidance, but we’ll have to see what if any new weapons it gets, also the ability to know when a missile is fired at you alone is pretty great

1 Like

Those are radar jamming pods, no effect on IR to my understanding

The two cameras are just…well cameras to my understanding as well, there to detect incoming IR threats
Screenshot_20240222-143921-751
Screenshot_20240222-143937-454

1 Like

I will have to be honest here, I am a big fan of the Su-25 and its designs, but the T and Su-39 already shown that the frogfoot is no good even with R-73s and other auxiliary devices at a BR of 11.3, this might be an even bigger strech.

2 Likes

So it’s pretty much just a Mk.3 with a sort of MAW

If its added, I supsect it will have R-77 so that it will be a match for the AV-8B+ with AMRAAM at 12.3 I reckon.

(split BRs mean that it could be a little lower in GRB)