Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Yep, and with one of the best radars ever built. Few mechanicals radars come close

Right, but if take Gszabi 's speculation that the CN leaker is working off the visual models w/o context it 's possible they misidentified this relatively unknown camo as an independent vehicle - the same thing happened to us w/ the F-5C skin from the very same promo.

Well see ;)

Su-30MKI, the often forgotten Eurocanard :)

And they still won’t model the DIRCM to work properly as it still doesn’t work on the Ka-52, let alone jammers that we are overdue for on the SM3 as well as the Su-27…

yeah but the model looks more like a 2PL, so if anything he could have confsued it with a leo 2SG, but not the skin, because the skin looks completly different

Jammers are overdue for a LOT of aircraft

1 Like

The Leopard 2A4M CAN could just be a Leopard 2 Revolution package, mistaken identity

Definitely won’t be useless, you see a lot of LAV-ADs and Type 81s at top tier so it’ll be mostly immune to those and has a x16 zoom with a thermal imager.

i am not sure of that, the 2a4 cam has the arrowheads they look quite different again as well

i specialy meaned in ARB, in grb they arent useless they have their job there

MWS?

Not sure on that acronym

Missile warning System?

If all they’re going off of is texes( the way the ingame turk leo appears in the assetviewer ) they wouldn’t have a different model to reference in telling it apart - esp. if again, they don’t have context apart from what they can see.

Texture-only vehicles usually look like this( but tanks are even messier ):
9008efba7fe614750efeeef68baa70677f_mq

Plus a non-specific filetag to " ID " them. Easy to misunderstand something that 's just called " leopard_2a4_tr " if you’re not familiar already.

Leopard 2A4CAN legit just looks like the PSO of 2a4s…

Spoiler

That is true but it also depends on how much of the model was completed when the list was made

Ik the Revolution and CAN are quite different looking. This vehicle has been through the ringer from being listed in a previous leak as a Turkish variant to know being listed as the CAN, who’s to say how far it was modelled at that point.

Looking into it, I’m not actually sure if it has the IR jammers found on the Ka-52. It uses the same system for ‘Detection’ but I’ve never seen a source proving that it has IR jammers, unless the sensors we see serve a dual function. The problem is that if you look at the Ka-52, it has dedicated devices on the bottom(the two little swivel balls) that are paired with the detection system and then send out IR jamming beams.

At the same time the Mi-28NM has the same IRCM system in war thunder, but such bulbs arnt present, so maybe there is another source for jamming as well.

There was also a video from a certain conflict that is claimed to show a SM3 dodging multiple Manpands, which would be difficult without such a system, so hard to say tbh. I’m interested to see if Gajjin knows more or what they think

1 Like

I wish we could get the battleship Nagato from 1944 or early 1945 into the game

Spoiler

8 Likes

Looks good.

1 Like

All aspect or rear aspect if it did have them?

Because im seriously doubting theyd add all aspect IRCM to aircraft before they’ve even added IRCM to any other aircraft, not too mention MAWS on quite a few.

the turkish 2a4 skin includes turkish flags and cant be confused for the 2a4can, additionaly even with texture only files it would look like the file of the pl, the turret is completly different

Since the leak said Mutsu at best we can hope for is 1943 Mutsu maybe they dont want '44 or '45 Nagato yet