Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Kharkiv tank plants offers a lot of designs. But we should only consider those after the collapse of the USSR.

I mean by the same logic we can say that ex-N*zi Germany has Polish vehicle in the tt (Leopard 2PL) despite we know what during ww2.

Modern Germany and ww2 Germany are 2 separate things and the same applies to Imperial Japan and modern Japan.

1 Like

Giving Russia Ukrainian sub-tree would be way worse than giving Japan a South Korean tree in my opinion.

2 Likes

I would much rather have Korea as a seperate tree though. One of the few remaining actually good candidates that can at least get an Israeli style tree.

So another Isreal but with even fewer domestic options, got it. It’ll be another copy paste tree.

It is a game that features real life vehicles and hence you cannot exclude politics and nationalism from this game, full stop. Even arma or squad who features partial or entirely fictional nations cannot avoid politics. Gaijin has took the lesson in 2019 and they have been operating much more cautiously. No matter how hard gaijin tries to stop politics into the game there still will be. Blockquote

This is just bad argument. Because people can’t separate fiction from reality suddenly everyone has to bow down to a small vocal minority? Nah fam. That’s both stupid and ridiculous.

“Mig-34” so, Su-34. We get the first (and only country to have it) side-by-side Flanker, but the Chinese get the first tandem Flanker? Seems like BS to me.

German M60’s? How?

Kf-51? Meme.

Interesting, but weak list.

You may want to check the full potential of Israeli tt here:

5 Likes

You could also use the “it’s a video game” argument against a SK sub tree for Japan as well though.

It’s a game. Why limit yourself to a single tech tree. If a tree contains less vehicles at certain BRs than other nations, just play multiple nations.

5 Likes

I aware isreal has options though most are still copy paste or slight variations, my point was sk has even fewer options.

With fair representation, adding a premium, a squadron/event, a single SPAA, TD and Light Vehicle, and only the most notable MBTs, this is what I got.
The problem is, is that the USSR tech-tree is far from complete already, without better SPAA, more TDs, light vehicles and perhaps one or two more top-tier MBTs.

Thats fair tbh, but for organization purposes as well as being able to use both sets of vehicles in a lineup are video gamey enough reasons to allow it imo.

Games are played by people and it is the players who desides outcome of games. The players decides this is a good choice or not, not gaijin, nor is it factual sense. Saying people should sacrifice their wills and rights to the country for development is already over 400 years old and Hobbes has no place today: and this is not their country, this is a video game.

Yes gaijin absolutely should. Every country have their right to be represented in a way that does not hurt the feelings of their players. And does gaijin care? Doesnt matter, the wallets of the Korean players will speak themselves. Mind you that it has already proven that foreign games will receive a lot of incomes in Korea: a number of Chinese anime-styled mobile games has already made huge incomes.

2 Likes

Apparently it was planned before 2022! But as I can hopefully prove, not feasible nor reasonable even in gameplay terms

2 Likes

i doubt ukraine gets added as an USSR subtree this political part its harder than the other ones

5 Likes

Question do we know what missiles those are?

It is a game that features real life vehicles and hence you cannot exclude politics and nationalism from this game, full stop. Even arma or squad who features partial or entirely fictional nations cannot avoid politics. Gaijin has took the lesson in 2019 and they have been operating much more cautiously. No matter how hard gaijin tries to stop politics into the game there still will be. Blockquote

The vast majority of players arent from sk or japan and likely don’t care. in fact quite a few would be happy to even see SK vehicles in game at all or are happy to use them in a line-up alongside japan.

And no, no one should be forced to bow to any vocal minority. Period. Especially when no one else really cares. Once again the argument comes down to national pride and nothing else and that’s stupid.

And not just that, but a history of conquest on the Korean peninsula going even further back.

Yeah I doubt Gaijin will go into that minefield. In particularly when a large part of their spending playerbase is located outside of Russia.

Try the year before hehe ;)

Anyone remembers that huge break that one update : D

partially true a south korean friend dosent mind in what tech tree south korea goes as long as it comes but there is also other people who would hate it, it really depends