Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

It really, really isnt. You overestimate how many people care about nations and sub-tree additions to the game.

For example, Ukraine should not go to the USSR due to : gameplay limitations, balance with Ukrainian additions, and fair representation of the UA tree (as the USSR tree is already bloated).
Gameplay reasons first, political reasons second.

I guess LIFT in UK tech tree maybe BAE Hawk from RCAF & IAF but won’t ETPS Gripen D

FTC-2000G close to JF-17A Block I and very good multirole light combat aircraft before J-10A to china tech tree

As someone who was obsessed with the Magach’s, I can say they are very much M48’s/M60’s at the end of the day. If you throw an applique kit on a Patton, is it unique? If you throw an applique kit on a Leopard 2, is it unique?

I know people are arguing about the Leopard issue and I’m wondering what your take is.

1 Like

Gameplay limitations? Balance? This is confusing, just sounds like excuses in my opinion, not directing this at you, I’ve seen this stupid argument before for a few tech trees.

If the capabilities change, then yes, it’s unique
Doubly so if that change aids it in game

It is a game that features real life vehicles and hence you cannot exclude politics and nationalism from this game, full stop. Even arma or squad who features partial or entirely fictional nations cannot avoid politics. Gaijin has took the lesson in 2019 and they have been operating much more cautiously. No matter how hard gaijin tries to stop politics into the game there still will be.

South Korea has more than enough the vehicles for itself, as it started modifying a lot of vehicles such as M48s, Fiat 6616(KM900). K1 and K2 can easily fill ranks between 9.7 and 11.7 if we count the prototypes, whilst the auxiliary vehicle will be a much better state with KAFV series of IFVs at low tier and improving to the K21 IFV today. AA wise, Korea developed its own K30 biho and K31 chongho, as well as the K-SAM pegasus. Throw North Korea with their ATGM designs which may be useless IRL due to the complexity but they are the perfect meme tank in warthunder which can actually fight would make the situation even better. At the end of the day, there will never be T-80Us and BMP-3s in another tech tree.

Air wise, Korea does have little domestic options, but that does not mean it has to be fully copied. Korea is one of the major operators of the A-37 dragonfly. High-end fighters includes the F-15K SLAM eagle, a modified mudhen, and KF-16Cs. Its domestic developments includes the T-50/FA-50 which can be the selling gem. Speak of copies but if they are not in the host nations, they are not copies, since the model is indeed unique. Plus, considering how Israel air was preceived, if there are enough good planes the players will care less.

1 Like

Question do you know something I don’t?

As, I can’t find anything about the RCAF’s Hawks having live weapons.

Smin has stated we cannot have more than 5 lines per tech-tree, so another purely UA line cannot come
As for balance, atleast one to two vehicles must be added per rank when a sub-tree is added, and so adding even the most notable Ukrainian tanks, say the T-84, maybe the one Thailand uses, and a T-64 variant would give the USSR like 6 or 7 very very capable top-tier MBTs as far as I remember

Although that can change as other nations may also get more and more top-tier MBTs and the ceiling on the number of such vehicles raises

When they add the wildcat with its 20 marlets

2 Likes

You wouldn’t need more than 5 lines, they’d fit into the current ones.

If we ignore the proposed bloat then maybe, yes. But we run into the issue of fairly representing a large standalone tech-tree when trying to purely intermingle it into one of the largest most capable ones in game, and perhaps the balance issue again

I forgot to mention, the Ukraine tech-tree may also contain Georgian vehicles as a closely cooperating export customer and one with “shared interests”. Kazakhstan was also proposed but in a much smaller capacity

It would very very nice and it would also give the game more quality if you fix:

1. the constantly sound bugs that enemy tanks are not hearable. My own tank is louder (40%) than anything else (100%)

2. T-72, T80 and T 90’s hitboxes are fixed to real behaviour. It you shot a 450-650 dart into the side right under the tower the tanks explodes in realy life. The ammo goes up. And it is NOT a crit hit.
    That is through all BRs beginning from 10,0

3. Breach are NOT at of “Vibranium”. If you shot right into this tank part and hit it acuratly it is gone/ damaged !!! But no … how often support tells me “oh sorry, the can happen!” Even if i sent screenshots with accuratetly aiming and shooting.

So many people are complaining about this topcis so many times. Design that and just do not throw even more and more vehicle into the game!

The T-64BM with nizh is arguably the first Ukranian domestic development to exist. This does not mean that vehicles such as the BTR-3 or 4 would not exist at a lower rank of course. The options could be that the vehicles gets split up to its foreign customers which did get a handful of buyers, Thailand being the most notable example for warthunder. And the controversy of copies wont exist if the Ukranian version does not exist in the first place.

And no I dont think tachankas count as reserve vehicles, nuh uh

British options are of course the merlin and wildcat with that absurding amount of LMMs, but what about pissing the Germany players off even more?

Spoiler

On a more serious note, would be cool to get the helicopter part of South African subtree as well. The rooivalk mk.2 will probably be feasible in a few years.

Spoiler

1 Like

I don’t believe in the whole bloating thing personally, it seems it’s just another argument some bring up to justify their stance. Unless someone from Gaijin comes out and says bloating is an actual thing then sure.

That is a requirement :P

These are just training missile?

maybe

If it can fire a training missile then it should be able to use actual missiles as well.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree, as there are so many deep modernisations of Soviet stocks which are sometimes better than the current ones in the USSR tech-tree.