Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

That song is still a banger in 2024

i can feel it taiwan 2.0 situation

5 Likes

The entire argument against a SK tree for japan is one of nationalistic pride and not a whole lot else. If you look at the two countries, they’d be fighting side by side against, most likely china if anything ever popped off in the region since around the 1970’s anyway.

1 Like

So Japanese war crimes across the nation is not a big deal then ?

8 Likes

BAD BAD DONT DO THAT

I would like to see a United korea TT instead of korean subtrees

1 Like

I guess we’ll ignore the captured vehicles in the German tree then? The polish and czech vehicles in the soviet tree? It’s history at this point. Despite what the older generations thinks.

1 Like

China has plenty of choices such as the JL-8, JL-9 Shanying/FTC-2000, JL-10/L-15, while Britain can have the BAE hawk. If we talk about operational conversions RAF operates a handful of JAS39Ds as well.

Swedish navy when?

2 Likes

It is not the government officials that plays warthunder, it is the average people between 15 and 25 that plays the game. Gaijin would known clearly that SK subtree is political suicide.

What if that is what the younger generation thinks as well?

2 Likes

Bro dont mention the British Gripen. Deathmisser is gonna start asking for it again

I don’t really think it would matter. As Gaijin themselves state, they avoid politics. The younger generations really don’t care as much. They simply don’t. The only ones who do are almost always political activists and a loud and vocal minority.

well it is true that as of rn japan keeps military trainings with south korea and the US but i feel its more
like the US is making them hold hands while telling them they shouldnt fight each other, and if you think of it gaijin dosent really take care about the political scandal of taiwan and china and neither this but its more sensitive against stuff such as ukraine since that its still going

Not only that but they have access to the Japanese market too there would be a total poop show over that

Introducing South Korea not as an independent tree is more than enough suicidal, not only will Korean players be deeply offended, other East Asian countries will also be very worried that the game will introduce their vehicles to the Japanese TT, namely Vietnam, whilst this may be a strech.
On the other hand, South Korea is strong enough as a TT on its own, which would have even more diverse options than Israel.

It’s not only that but they’re also kind defacto allies unless they want to capitulate to some form of totalitarian regime and both countries know that. SK has NK and china on it’s doorstep and japan has both as well. The enemy of my enemy is my freind and all that.

1 Like

You mean across the continent, right?
Funny how the people who are vocally against Korea becoming a subtree, are the same people who suggest other SEA nations to fill in that role (other than Thailand).
(Not implying you are one of those people, just a statement in general)

3 Likes

Another completely copy past air tree and a few modern ground vehicles don’t make an independent tree imo. Worse idea than isreal was tbh. The majority of people like myself, simply dont care. It’s a video game. Not a stage for nationalistic pride.

2 Likes

Yea I get what you mean m8 I’m a Thailand support for Japan as it’s the safest option imho

At the time warthunder introduces China, the political debate is more about who is supposed to be in charge of China, instead of what we seen on the news now. So players from both sides are able to accept a combination of two sides and often plays vehicle of the other side. It was really after August 22 when the relations deteoriated but by then China has been in the game for three years and no changes can be made.