Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

I know it was for export, I don’t why are people asking for it.

so it’s essentially the same round but cheaper since they use Tungsten, then why build the DU one at all?

I believe it fires at a higher velocity, if density and dimensions are not too different, then in the Gaijin calculator. L28 “might” net a slightly higher pen. Someone would have to do the maths to check

DU is a lot better

in what way if pen is equal?

self sharpening and due to the DU reacting with what it hits it (i can’t spell the word) it basically causes fires to happen

Also the lower velocity causes less barrel ware or something as well I think

It will stop only the DM53 being able to bypass T-80U, thats for sure.

that’s not an added mechanic right?

currently they act like they were made from Steel

There is a lot that is missing yes

Everything pen is determined by a equation that misses a lot of factors

I don’t think there’s any better formula available than the one gaijin uses.

there is. considering gaijin failes to acount for the quality of the material used its why soviet/RU ammunition is so competitive against NATO ammo.

didn’t say their is a better one but it miss out on a lot of stuff
also composite armour is just worse then it should be

i found out DU has better performance against composite that against raw RHA due to it deforming less than Tungsten alloy thanks to the self sharpening capacities it allows for much less deformation than tungsten, normally DU has less performance in raw pen.

1 Like

can the italian f16a ADF block 15 carry aim120s?

yes

Yep.

Italy returned their tornado advs instead of upgrading them for AMRAAM like Britain did and then leased F16s purposefully for that until typhoon

2 Likes

Have we seen this one yet? Or find where it’s from? Someone posted it in a different second of the forms.

2 Likes

I guess that’s a tradeoff for using such formula. However they could have added multiple Formulas for different types of materials.

Seems credible enough, but some vehicles make very little sense. For example, the Chieftain Mk.4 which offer nothing different from the Mk.3.

1 Like