Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

so like L28

Yes

Iirc M829A3 would add like 40mm over M829A2 and 20mm over DM53. I agree with 3BM59.

I think rounds like M829A3 and SHARD could be added to vehicles like some of the Leclercs and SEPv3 while keeping Germany and Sweden limited to their current ammo. As a way to at least somewhat compensate for the lack of spall liners.

At least something has to be done, because Germany and Sweden are so far ahead MBT wise, it’s so boring playing 11.7 ground now.

4 Likes

Isn’t 3BM60 the tungsten version of 3BM59?

Ah yeah it is, but either way the penetration increase is incredibly minimal.

if that one is tungsten what’s the other made of?

I only did a google search, so if I’m wrong hopefully will correct me, but it said that 3BM59 is DU.

The others were right about the penetration though. It should have identical pen to M829A1, which isn’t a huge improvement.

so basically we’ve reached the maximum possible Pen for ~ 120mm caliber guns

We can go a little further with really modern rounds like DM73, but we’re not far off.

but the difference with DM73 compared to 63 is that it uses a New propellant and has a lot higher breech pressure, thus a gun capable of surviving that is needed (L/55A1)

But all tanks ingame that use that dm53 anyhow have the l55a1 ergo the challengers and the leopard 2a7

no

1 Like

The Leopard 2A6 only has the L/55, not the L/55A1.

all tanks that have the L/55A! in game only use DM53 instead of the rounds that only it can use like DM73

Rambolf said that all tanks that have DM53 have the L/55A1, not that all tanks with the L/55A1 have DM53.

From another company hired by Gaijin.
I’m not sure if this model will be for War Thunder though.

1 Like

What variant is that? And how is it different from the PT-76B?

he must of misspoke

T’would make sense.

I dont know. They dont share information about the vehicle - only the model.