Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

This is also the same dude who 3 weeks before the mig29smt dropped said the game was no where near ready for r73 on any fighters.

Pretty sure the F-18C radar is amazing.

You can’t just focus on one thing and act like that’s conclusive. If you ignore even one thing, you won’t get the full picture. On top of that, the F-16C is still better than the F-4F ICE at BVR due to being faster and able to get good angles faster and easier.

1 Like

fair enough, I forget Gaijin likes to forget previous statements

Ah yes, Because the Gripen came in the same update as the F-16C or even the F-16A

And the Tornado F3 came in the same update as the F-14A

and of course Germany has gotten their Mig-23s and Mig-29s in the same update as the Soviets everytime

4 Likes

f4f ice has the apg/65, the f18c has apg/73.

1 Like

Will still be out classed by blue vixen and its variants like those found in the Gripen which is claimed to be on par or better than AN/APG-73 (and considering the Girpen C’s radar was developed a few years after the Blue Vixen I think, Id assume it improves upon the Blue Vixen in some ways)

1 Like

same radar as the Av-8B+ right?

Isn’t the gripen radar in game just a copy paste f16c radar with an additional mode?

not quite the same, but functionally the same. There are minor production differences between those two sets.

1 Like

Maybe F-16D I think but yeah, total placeholder. its why the Gripen pings as F-16 on RWR

APG-73 was introduced in 1992.
That would be late-block F-18Cs indeed, thanks for bringing that up.
IDK how many of its improvements are applicable to WT cause some stuff just wouldn’t translate to the game as an objective improvement.

@Morvran
New BRs are created by many nations getting the jump.
F-15C MSIP being the exclusive 13.3 would be out of the ordinary.

I never realized that. This explains so much.

1 Like

The F-15C MSIP, Su-27SM and something for another nation would not. Remember, 3 nations got 12.3s before 2 nations even really got 11.7s.

I can see 3 or so nations getting 13.3 before all nations were on 13.0.

Britain and Germany could very well be on 12.7 waiting for Typhoon, unless the Gripen gets AMRAAM. In which case just germany. And I have no idea what they will do for Italy or even France

Italy can get an F-16 with AIM-9Ms/Li’s and AMRAAMs.

Yeah, Id reckon 12.7 ish maybe?

That or 13.0.

Italian tornado never used amraam right? That was only the british one?

Yeah, Italy returned their ADVs rather than upgrading and leased F-16As with AMRAAM till Typhoon. Another option might be a Hungarian Gripen though

3 Likes

This is the specific post BTW:

October of last year.
“Close” doesn’t mean within 2 years to Gaijin considering their use of the word close previously.

Obviously, not this update.
We need to have AARHs for some time for Gaijin to learn its balancing.
Then they’ll be ready to add every jet ever made without restrictions knowing where to place them.
And while they’re learning they’re likely already developing Typhoon, Rafale, etc for when they’re comfortable with the balance of AARHs.