Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

It would be nice if there was some reward for saving the crew. Mainly for aircraft mind you, but could be applied elsewhere.

1 Like

I like that idea, but that wouldn’t make solid shot more competitive in any way

Thanks! Wow that’s a lot! VTB 8 looks super cool, and I really hope we see FMR L990 (Sherman on a landing craft).

1 Like

Imagine getting an assist for killing a pilot on a parachute 💀

In the same way that a pilot who survives by parachuting should reduce the repairs cost (but it must offer the kill to the enemy, not continue as it does now to allow people to falsify the kill when they are condemned).

Man, landing craft would be awesome

Look at the FMR L980, specially the second pictures of it :p

And this one looks angry too :D

7 Likes

We already have kill credit for J-ing out (manoeuvre kills when!?), so getting the kill isn’t an issue.

2 Likes

I want it! I thought it looked cool when skimming through, but missed the second photo highlighting the armament. :O

Yes that one too!

1 Like

I was also thinking of some kind of morale system, but that would just be an HP bar.

That crew can have a concussion when they receive a large shell exploding outside, blurred vision and all etc for some seconds… Also could be nice :p

For a long time now, I’ve also wished that the destroyed optics of the shooter would take away the levels, or even crack the view to make shooting less easy.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Dude that thing looks epic. Reminds me of those Vietnam era river monitors. Btw do you guys think we will have benelux boats in the french coastal tree?

2 Likes

I don’t think so at first. Even if a lot of documentation on the early coastal ships for france might prove to be difficult to find for GJN, they still have a lot of possible options for at least three columns.

But for inspiration:

No idea, honestly i hope they gonna go domestic first and fill way later in case of lack of choice.

All we know it’s CBT gonna start, so we gonna have “some” ships for France coastal.

We don’t even know the number or quality of work behind so no way to tell, but honestly i doubt a lot.

Putted some more pictures there in case :p

2 Likes

Yeah, optics absolutely should have a gameplay effect. Damaged (yellow/red) should add cracks, destroyed (black) should block use of them entirely.

Your gunner being dead similarly needs to kick you out of gunner view. People lining up pixel-perfect return shots (with optics inside barrels as a bonus) while they wait for the gunner replacement timer is far too goofy, and not good gameplay.

4 Likes

I vote for HrMs Abraham Crijnssen, a Dutch minesweeper which famously snuck out of the Pacific by pretending to be an island. She also survives today as a museum ship in Den Helder. :)

2 Likes

To be honest, module durability and crew health are just health bars as well.

I’ve tried to come up with some ideas myself, but most of them would just get rejected by people because they sound like ways to turn War Thunder into WoT or would flat out be too complex.

As I’ve said before, I believe that the concussion mechanic would have been a good option.

Alternatives that I came up with are all related to more complex damage models. Optics being destroyed leading to scopes and binos being unusable, armor losing durability from being hit by large shells (so no auto cannons and MGs) or some more permanent damage and effects from modules being hit multiple times.

I’ve explained this before, pumas are part of the felinae subfamily. Felinae are considered small cats.

Cats of the subfamily pantherinae are considered to be actual large cats. The pantherinae subfamily consists of lions, leopards, panthers, jaguars and tigers.

I visited that museum in February. Just because I wanted to see Abraham Crijnssen

2 Likes