Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Indeed.

Gaijin’s vision of the game is clear, and it’s what attracted most of us into the game:

-Realistic and authentic physics, damage models and mechanics.
-Arcade gameplay for easy and convenient entertainment.

This is the literal recipe of War Thunder and the whole selling point and premise. Matters like these should not be subject to voting. It’s not like an economy or research matter that can be subject to subjetivities.

People who want to turn it into WoT are going against the main principle and very pillar War Thunder was built on.

5 Likes

Funnily enough, from the thumbnail I understand that this Russian CC implies that these changes will make War Thunder turn into WOT, because of less one shots.

3 Likes

XD.

People in 2014:

“Hey, look at this new game, War Thunder! Unlike WoT, it puts emphasis on authenticity; here, you have to actually target the ammo or crews to destroy a tank or deal meaningful damage; that is so good! No more kills by hitting random empty plates just because the HP went down by merely hitting them!”

People in 2024, apparently:

“I want to be able to auto-insta-kill tanks by hitting the edges of the corners of their cupolas.”

Anyway… I will better stop commenting, because I am heating up by the second and I hate being so blunt and sounding mean, xD.

18 Likes

Well said

2 Likes

Dopamine is one hell of a drug. One shot, one kill, big boom is more enjoyable than realism.

Also I imagine that the people who started playing this game for realism have slowly left it as the years went by, since cold war/modern tanks at WW2 BRs is widely accepted. They’ve been replaced by casual players who came to the game from watching War Thunder official youtube channel shorts (I don’t hate on these shorts, but you know what I mean).

3 Likes

Jokes on you, i just want to play my SPAA, sadly the rewards and maps does not make it a enjoyable experiance.

10 Likes

Drops 1000lb bomb onto the top of a tank

Only damages the MG

:P

3 Likes

Britain gave up all its land and air fillers before cold war for nuclear naval SAPs and the lancaster. Id say that chap, its a good deal.

2 Likes

Nope, they didn’t have it in service. The best they had was 2K12.
Anyway the addition of such systems is very unlikely.

@gszabi99 found some new texts in the latest version:

@Hyrikul @Arghail

13 Likes

Hopefully another surprise of this kind pops up in a few months too.

I agree with what others are saying this shouldn’t have been put up to a vote. This is something that requires alot of testing to get right.

They should just go through with the testing part of it anyways over the next few dev servers and when they start to get it finalized then have a vote on whether people want the new mechanics to come to the game.

2 Likes

This would require certain people to actually think and not just blindly follow the words of whatever CC told them to go vote yes/no

1 Like

Y eah, they should have run a 2 week test event and then done a vote. But I guess if the community overwhelmingly says no then they can get out of the dev work

They probably just shouldn’t have taken the “nerf APHE” approach and should have proposed a buff to solid shot instead.

But then again, people were vehemently against the stun mechanic they proposed in april

I think the problem is you cant buff solid shot to the extent that aphe is without including the spall bouncing around inside similar to the sphere as damage aphe does.

French coastal fleet confirmed.

Now just have to see what job they have done with x)

Thanks anyway!

1 Like

All german boats lmao, who knows. Wonder if theyll have a bigger lineup than the US at 4.0 coastal

All US/UK/German boats copy pasted already ingame, and 1 French new one (premium) ! xD

Wooo! I honestly have no idea what France had for smaller boats, so I’m looking forward to discovering a bunch of new things! And having a boat for my Bluewater lineup will be so much better. :)

1 Like