Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Exactly

we are Missing so many French Vehicles and the Justification was always the same one

why should it be different with the Eurocanards? France will just be put off with a Dutch F-16

4 Likes

I hope not, and i hope we gonna follow the other Eurocanards the day they gonna come in the game, but also in capability, i can totally see Gaijin choosing an earlier Rafale variant and an advanced EF just for the fun of messing with us xD

(Worst would be stats still better for us so they would say 'see? Didn’t needed something more advanced")

1 Like

Ok, so regarding the “make one vehicle - ship it out to several TTs” strategy, this is a thing that Gaijin has done before, but like you said with the DF105, there’s also cases where they haven’t. Vehicles like AV-8B+ Harrier comes to mind, and many WW2 tanks that were exported IRL like M24 Chaffee (could be added to France, GB, Sweden etc.)

So yeah, all I’m saying is I wish they did this more.

4 Likes

Yet Britain just last update got three AMRAAM carriers and China is rumored to get two j-10s and a JF-17 mext update.

And keep in mind that arguments players use have no meaning. Think of USSRs new Shilka and best Osa variant next update, even though they’re just about the last to need any SPAA if you ask any player.

US and USSR are Exempted from this Rule

1 Like

Worst when by logic France should be the most logical one to get M24 right after USA xD
And that the 3.7 still have some holes with all thoses upbr we got.

2 Likes

There is no such rule, it’s just a pattern people think they see because it does admittedly happen a lot

(Though not always)

The use of M24 in Indochina was quite impressive, If I recall correctly they were disassembled, loaded onto planes, flown into Vietnam, then assembled again. Went on to be quite useful in the conflict. That alone should’ve earned it a spot in the TT

1 Like

Just if you take the sheer numbers.

France just used the most M24 in the world after USA, among 1500 M24 under French service (perhaps 1300, don’t remember exactly, end of the day big numbers), none in War Thunder.

Japan used like 50 M24 and have one in WT since years xD.

(Edit : i’m not saying Japan should not have them huh)

We also can get a variant with the AML90 gun on it.

And also a variant with the FL10 turret on it…

But i’m losing it.

5 Likes

I hope it’s the Maple Hornet(as the Aussies also have Super Hornets.) Look at all liverys it can get.

Ironically looking at the leaks if ends up true a Maple or Aussie Hornet would be the only A/B models added as if the US also gets it they’d get the C.

1 Like

An Aussie F-111 would more likely be added to the US based on Gaijins treatment of Australia. The actual British F-111 had been at least soft denied in the past, so that’s another unlikely addition.

The Bison was a (terrible) surprise addition that could have gone to the USSR tree or an Indian tree, if Gaijin didn’t decide to turn India into a British subtree for no apparent reason.

IIRC the CF-18 was originally comparable to A-model Hornet, but with later upgrades like Incremental Modernization Project (IMP) it was brought up to par with later models. Phase one included many features of the C-model, like the newer AN/APG-73 and AMRAAM compatibility, among others.

1 Like

Wonder how feels the US main looking at everybody fighting to get their F-18s/F-111 and other stuff

Oh man, that’s such a great idea man. I don’t understand how Gaijin didn’t think about that themselves…

Spoiler

Maybe it’s because of their recent track record when it comes to subtrees. They can’t be bothered to add unique stuff and even the choice of fitting export vehicles tends to be quite bad.

I personally wouldn’t have a problem with an Indian subtree, if they had refrained from adding Russian vehicles and instead went for the western export vehicles that India operated and the indigenous Indian vehicles like the HAL Marut or the Arjun.

Indeed you could argue through all the upgrade programs it could be considered a C or better equivalent but at it’s core it’s still a A variant.

Good joke

what’s “wrong” with the current Fox 3 animation?

MICAs should have purple fire, completly unplayable like that !

Résumé

(nono, i’m not joking for the purple fire :p)

8 Likes

The thrust vectoring animation is also kinda… yeah.

2 Likes

The part when you launch then, they dont fall like sparrows and so they go trough the own plane which looks meh specially on the F-4F