Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Iirc it can carry LITENING II and guide LGBs

Anything above 11.3 in GRB would mean it’s instantly doa and made useless by the AV-8B+ and more importantly the F-16C.

1 Like

Main problem is, it’ll have to get within 2-3km to drop those LGBs due to said crippling lack of speed.

Assuming you can make more than one pass lol.

2 Likes

No as in what is the maximum load out, does it get 6 mavericks + how many GBUs. Su39 has a maximum loadout of (in theory although no one ever does it) 20 AGMs which all outranges ADATS lol.

Yeah tho it would still help a lot with deployment of Mavericks

1 Like

I would like it to be 11.7 if we can get PANTSIRs and L2A7Vs 12.7. This will make it a lot more fair for stupid Arietes and Leclercs.

1 Like

Technically all pylons mounting bombs could also carry LGBs so you can only imagine the possible loadouts Gaijin makes for it

no, it will have agm-65g/d and targeting pod, means it is able to fire and forget beyond 12km, and su-39/25t’s kh29 can’t do this, so it would be 12.0 at least.
yes i know av-8v+ is 12.0 but i think it’s quite unbalanced, it should be 12.3

Yeah that is the problem I have with it. As soon as you place the A-10C at the Pantsir BR, from my experience as the Pantsir it would instantly become free RP.

We were already told top tier ground decompression would happen months ago, but nothing happened so far. Hopefully it comes soon.

2 Likes

It can FnF but can it FnF effectively? No it cant, simply because of the lock range of AGM-65. Not to mention the speed of AGM-65 which is uncomparably slower than what Su-25SM3 has.

Even if you fire at 12km you’re already far into Pantsir’s missile range and considering A-10’s speed and flight performance you cant make any good evasive maneuvers.

Su-25SM3 on the other hand can easily outrange most if not all SPAAs in game and get out of their range more easily.

3 Likes

Mavs fired from the A-10 will be so slow that the pantsir might even have time to shoot down the A-10 itself before also shooting down the mav.

It’ll be absolutely be doa at 12.0 and never worth taking into your lineup lol.

1 Like

I mean SM3 is 12.7 RN.

it’s more like a pantsir issue. many people cry about su-25sm3, but it will also become free rp if meet pantsir. in top, sm3 is slow enough I think
from my friend’s experence, it’s not that impossible to kill a pantsir, as long as with fnf missile, targeting pod, and useable mobility. mark the respawn point, hide under horizon, pull up and fire, then dive amd run. pantsit’s radar search slowly, and hard to find things near horizon(0 degree depression)

But reminder, PANTSIR will not be met by Su25T/Su39, so it is unfair to compare the range cause 12km is still within PANTSIR range but not ADATS (lol not even a real AA). Also reminder it can carry 16 Vikhers 9M127 so it can kill any SPAA with ATGMs whilst flying slowly, as it even flies faster than some AA missiles (600m/s)

It can intercept AGM65s pretty easily, plus it can always spam 30mm rounds to stop it, double safety. Things like TOR or Roland can’t perform in the same way, Tor is way too slow to respond and Roland lacks a gun anyways.

Armed AGM-65G-2 & AGM-65K or AGM-65K & AGM-65L

Would be 11.7 BR minimum for GRB

AN/AAQ-28(V)4 Litening AT or AN/AAQ-33 Sniper XR pod, GBU-12 Paveway II laser guided bomb and GPS precision-guided munition

1 Like

11.7 vs things like Su39 is not fair (unless their complaints actually earns it R77 which I doubt it will) cause Su39 does get same if not better loadouts with R73.

whats not fair about it

plane to plane, spaa to spaa, this is a fair way of comparison imo. if other factors are comsidered, it would be like “a resonable unbalance”.
and kh-38 is not that unstoppable, in 12km away, it takes 25s to reach, and agm-65 about 40s, you can also shoot it down.

poor adats, it’s always this problem, not su-25t/39. when acting as spaa it only slightly better than 2s6, so this is not like su-25t too strong, but adats too weak. the 16 9m127 is not bery useful when against spaa, it’s kh29t’s job, it’s good when all spaa is cleared, then it can destroy tanks efficiently

SDBs are considerably longer range than any maverick, even being dropped from an A-10. They are GPS glide weapons, not dumb EO bombs.

And you can carry 32 of them iirc, at minimum 16 with the 6 mavs.