Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

This has never been about air superiority, it’s about CAS capability. If we say that most nations were on equal footing prior to Sky Guardians, we’ve been behind since the F14B was added last July, and then the F16C and MiG29SMT last September/October, and so on so forth. Other nations have viable fixed-wing multirole CAS platforms that can at least deal with the Pantsir, meanwhile we have two flying bricks.

The P-5 has an AIM9M seekerhead, so it technically should just be an AIM9Li.

Alright then, remove flares from the F15A, remove the SAAF Gripen’s mavericks, the MiG29Gs R27ERs, etc. Do you get why they haven’t been removed? For the sake of balance.

Hey i still want some paper and trial vehicles for nations

Now gib german Mako pls

Spoiler

eads-mako2 (1)

CAS will unfortunately be something that wont be balanced for all nations at every BR.

1 Like

Mate, if this truly was about CAS, you wouldn’t be getting a Swiss Hornet.

Switzerland only use their Hornets for air policing and defense.

1 Like

All other options for subtrees have been denied. Switzerland was the only viable one left. And Switzerland’s Hornet is in the perfect gray area for Gaijin when it comes their ambiguity with ordinance.

1 Like

Lets be real the only CAS anyone needs is a boi with floaties of course this is swedish bias and makes it impossible to kill so gaijin will need to smite these players.

Spoiler

I mean just use your floaties to stop any damage. (Until they fall of and leave you vulnerable…)

1 Like

There literally is no ambiguity with ordnance going on. They opted against equipping the Hornets with A2G ordnances.

2 Likes

I think the Tornado is highly overrated. I never understood why it arrived along with the F-16 and the MiG-29.

2 Likes

Yet their capability wasn’t removed. That’s the whole point. Following Gaijin’s precedents means that per their own rules, it should receive the ordinance.

Doesn’t matter if it’s overrated, it still is capable of performing CAS duties.

Should have been added at least a year before them

Eh, they could go down the route i saw some british players. Because the Finnish Hawk Mk.66 can mount Aim 9M they thought they could try to reason that their model could get that.

With that the germans could just use the finnish MLU 2 for cas since the fins weren’t allowed ordnance on their aircraft due to their treaty from the 40’s also cause export hornets didnt have CAS.

Except that Gaijin has no precedents and rules. They’ll just decide to do whatever they want, based on whatever they feel like.

Screw bombs anyway! 10 AMRAAMS and 2 Aim-9 Whetever version. The ones the swiss use is probably somewhere above the 9L anyway so fine with me

2 Likes

Its a game, in some cases id rather have balance than perfect historical accuracy. (I mean…this game can claim to be realistic but we’re just playing less fun ace combat lol)

3 Likes

A combination of Asia Pacific nations has been confirmed as Japans subtree. We do know Thailand is a part of that with the existing F-5E FCU already being in game, bit we don’t know the exact nations.

But it’s pretty clear that it can really only be ASEAN nations, and in my opinion most likely not all, but only some like Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand, with them having a lot of unique vehicles and modifications.

It’s speculation still obviously, but I’m more than willing to bet that we’ll see more than just speculation sometime soon in the future.

Swiss on the other hand have been heavily implied as a possible German subtree as well, and considering there is a gap right now and India was also added in a similarly sudden way as a confirmed subtree I can see it being added now.

1 Like

Why don’t the vehicles in the game have accurate stats?

Because they’re too busy being better than their Russian counterparts to sit still for measurements! 😂

This is a joke btw, but there is some truth to it, you can’t deny this…

Again, the SAAF Gripen shouldnt have gotten the Mavericks either.

However, if South Africa could afford to put Sidewinders, Mavericks, AMRAAMs, etc on their Gripens, they definitely would.

Switzerland deliberately decided against getting A2G ordnances for their Hornets. A large portion of Swiss people were against the purchase of the Hornet, their government deliberately decided against getting A2G ordnances for their planes.

The Swiss Hornet shouldn’t have access to A2G ordnances ingame.

2 Likes

Any new leaks/leak updates?

With the Napalm buff (2x napalm bombs destroying a base), I noticed China doesn’t really have much incendiary bombs.
Is this accurate, or simply hasn’t been added yet?

Sadly only German one has Litening II in WT. I enjoy AMX A-1 a lot because of better thermals, using guided bombs becomes way more enjoyable.