Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

I was also thinking of some kind of morale system, but that would just be an HP bar.

That crew can have a concussion when they receive a large shell exploding outside, blurred vision and all etc for some seconds… Also could be nice :p

For a long time now, I’ve also wished that the destroyed optics of the shooter would take away the levels, or even crack the view to make shooting less easy.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Dude that thing looks epic. Reminds me of those Vietnam era river monitors. Btw do you guys think we will have benelux boats in the french coastal tree?

2 Likes

I don’t think so at first. Even if a lot of documentation on the early coastal ships for france might prove to be difficult to find for GJN, they still have a lot of possible options for at least three columns.

But for inspiration:

No idea, honestly i hope they gonna go domestic first and fill way later in case of lack of choice.

All we know it’s CBT gonna start, so we gonna have “some” ships for France coastal.

We don’t even know the number or quality of work behind so no way to tell, but honestly i doubt a lot.

Putted some more pictures there in case :p

2 Likes

Yeah, optics absolutely should have a gameplay effect. Damaged (yellow/red) should add cracks, destroyed (black) should block use of them entirely.

Your gunner being dead similarly needs to kick you out of gunner view. People lining up pixel-perfect return shots (with optics inside barrels as a bonus) while they wait for the gunner replacement timer is far too goofy, and not good gameplay.

4 Likes

I vote for HrMs Abraham Crijnssen, a Dutch minesweeper which famously snuck out of the Pacific by pretending to be an island. She also survives today as a museum ship in Den Helder. :)

2 Likes

To be honest, module durability and crew health are just health bars as well.

I’ve tried to come up with some ideas myself, but most of them would just get rejected by people because they sound like ways to turn War Thunder into WoT or would flat out be too complex.

As I’ve said before, I believe that the concussion mechanic would have been a good option.

Alternatives that I came up with are all related to more complex damage models. Optics being destroyed leading to scopes and binos being unusable, armor losing durability from being hit by large shells (so no auto cannons and MGs) or some more permanent damage and effects from modules being hit multiple times.

I’ve explained this before, pumas are part of the felinae subfamily. Felinae are considered small cats.

Cats of the subfamily pantherinae are considered to be actual large cats. The pantherinae subfamily consists of lions, leopards, panthers, jaguars and tigers.

I visited that museum in February. Just because I wanted to see Abraham Crijnssen

2 Likes

Nice! It’s definitely on my list to visit, seems like a nice area in general too.

1 Like

Speaking of panther, we need a few more panthers.

Okay…you know what im gonna say already.

9 Likes

Coastal fleet is one of the most niche things in WT, don’t expect it to be anything, but low effort.

1 Like

Bluewater for France is already low effort so can’t wait to see what justify to spend money for the VTB with the upcoming TT xD

2 Likes

Most Staff when C&P is mentioned…
Untitled

14 Likes

more India C&P when

1 Like

Fixed it for you.

3 Likes

Soon tm

Alternatively.

2 Likes