Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Weird i’ll search up later maybe rheinmetall has info

FYI, a lot of the FCS is assumed at least on par with IRIS thermal imagers (invented back in 1988) and doesn’t really accurately represent what the Jaguar can achieve. The detection ranges would be a massive understatement to what it actually is IRL because - well - Safran has a very bad habit with that. Anyway, one of the things that really sets the Jaguar apart is 4th generation thermals:

If you want to do a little reading...

From the 2018 paper, Infrared Detector Characterization:

The third-generation HgCdTe and type-II superlattice (T2SL) systems continue to be developed, and concept development towards the so-called fourth generation systems was also recently initiated. The definition of fourthgeneration systems is not well established. These systems provide enhanced capabilities in terms of greater number of pixels, higher frame rates, and better thermal resolution, as well as multicolor functionality and other on-chip functions. Multicolor capabilities are highly desirable for advanced IR systems. Collection of data in distinct IR spectral bands can discriminate for both the absolute temperature and the unique signature of objects within the scene. By providing this new dimension of contrast, multiband detection also offers advanced color processing algorithms to further improve sensitivity compared to that of single-color devices. It is expected that the functionalities of fourth generation systems could manifest themselves as spectral, polarization, phase, or dynamic range signatures that could extract more information from a given scene.

Obviously, current thermal imagers are only bi-colour. Now what “multicolor functionality” and “other on-chip functions” actually entails - I have no clue. The French presented a 4th gen thermal imager back in 2013 and no information since. It also seems that no other country has developed a 4th gen thermals which are ready for production.

I guess USN F/A-18A basic armament mix 1986 & gulf war but no AIM-7P Sparrow, not upgraded to the AN/APG-73 RUG I radar and are capable of carrying the AIM-120 AMRAAM

I assume F/A-18D from USMC could add to attack aircraft line and located after AV-8B+ (USMC)

F/A-18A basic & F/A-18C add to USN fighter line ?

What started all this “i have the biggest one” between Jaguar and the German vehicle? x)

Leak about them ?

First comparing PUMA to jaguar corrected it since the waffentrager it’s the closest thing to the role of the jaguar and we are sharing info of them

it was one of your french guys lol

How can people still flag post days or weeks old still ?

I have my account on hidden.

2 Likes

I don’t know what sights does the lance MK2 turret have tbh i just know it’s third gen thermals

i mean, just look at teh KF41 in game

Yeah that should work, their sights have pretty darn good FOV i really like that

They both are beautiful, but my heart definitely belongs to the Jaguar. XD
While I wouldn’t say that France is 10 years ahead of Germany, there definitely is gaps in capability in different areas.

Germany isn’t exactly technological pioneers when compared to everyone else. Same can be said for France in different ways I suppose.

i mean, france doctrine always was for more mobile stuff etc, so i can see why their lights are pretty good, germany focused more on the mbts which resulted in leopards being propably the biggest western mbt export

Yeah their biggest light tank advancement was pretty recent in 2004 with the PUMA IFV since for the most part they centered in MBT’S

I was specifically referring to optics in this case. France is definitely behind in many other factors. Firstly, they do not yet use any form of APS system (except the one found on the discontinued Brenus and AMX10RCR). They were also pretty late to the stabilised game (despite numerous prototypes, the EMAT did not want them before the Leclerc in the late 90s), and the lack of HMD until the Rafale F.4 variants, among others.

Anyway, going back to the leak list, i’am really hoping that Gaijin adds the correct VEXTRA variant. 2 of them existed :

with the main difference between the 2 being that only the 1997 offers a stabiliser. A high tier stabilised vehicle is warranted, and the unstable variant would not fit in the game imo (being to good below 9.0 and extremely lacking above, due to its excellent mobility and great canon and optics mainly)

3 Likes

Same issue here. Dont understand why the mods keep removing them.

1 Like

The 1994 would essentially just a different flavor AMX-10RC. But we ended up getting the MARS-15 variant that didn’t add anything of worth to bring into line ups.
It feels like they’re going with information a year or two late of what we’ve been asking for.

2 Likes

well, a better AMX 10RC in many ways still. Firstly, it uses the same 105 found on the AMX 30B2 and Brent’s (instead of the low power one on the AMX10RC), better sights (IRIS thermals which are currently 2nd gen but might go 3rd gen at some point ig), and better top speed (with worse manoeuvrability and no hydropneumatic suspensions)

I am going to somewhat disagree here, though my knowledge of this system is incredibly limited. As far as I’m aware, it is correct that they did not stabilize the gun, however the gunsights were. The FCS was supposedly able to fire the gun only when it was aligned with the sight. Obviously, this isn’t as useful as having gun stabilization but they did have a system that improved accuracy on the move or short stops.

A stable gun sight would be nice, but it definitely isn’t the same as the gun itself being stable.
France did have them from companies like SAMM that made stabilized fire control for the gun as well, it just didn’t go anywhere until the Leclerc for actual procurement.