Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Oh, dont tell gaijin, otherwise thats our new 7.3 BB

2 Likes

An F/A-18F flew over my town about half an hour ago. That was cool.

That was me.

trailer or first devblog on this week?

Probably a devblog between now and Friday, lord knows when the teaser drops

Sweden does not have a gripen C, they get the A, which is not RB-99(AIM-120B) capable. they are getting a copy-pasted C with amraams this update.

I figured that goes without saying that Sweden is going to get their Gripen C. I guess I also forgot to mention the JA37D which could use AMRAAMs?

The Gripen A is very much RB99 capable.

2 Likes

Yeah it could, In fact the JA37D was upgraded specifically for them I beleive.

Gunna be interesting to see how or even if they add ARH onto earlier airframes like the Viggen or Tornado

1 Like

Indeed. The JA37D in game is what the JA37C should be with a better radar.

Considering how hesitant Gaijin is to adding all aspect missiles to earlier platforms like the F-4E, I doubt they’ll get them, unfortunately.

1 Like

I think they may. But I think they’ll need to be added as a second airframe, at an appropriate BR.

For Britain the F3 might be required as a filler between the Current F3/Gr7 (and FA2) and the Gripen assuming it moves up.

But not sure about Sweden whether it “needs” it in the same way. But it could always come directly as folder below the current Viggen D

Kinda need loadout based BRs. Toggle an option in the modification page/custom loadout page to enable/disable certain loadout options and depending on that selection, the BR changes

The Tornado F.3 should definitely stay as is, with the AOP or CSP coming at 12.0 with AIM-120Bs, and whichever is later coming with AIM-120C-5s at 12.3 or 12.7.

The JA37Di should really be added with RB99s at 12.0 to fill the gap between the JA37D and JAS39A.

Yep. That would be the best way of doing it

(P.S needs to be the AoP variant of the F3. CSP doesnt have Data-Link, it would be worse than the current F3)

Is there another F.3 after the AOP?

FSP

3 Likes

Then the CSP should come with AIM-120Bs, and the FSP with AIM-120C-5s.

Again, probs should be AoP not CSP. But yeah, we could potentially get FSP.

Though… a second version of the Tornado F3, just with different AAMs is one thing, but a third just for an AAM upgrade… Would really suck. So it would need something BIG to justify it. Far more than just going from Bs to C5s.

It would also need ASRAAM

Though maybe they could also do with just skipping to the FSP. Adding it with C5s. Its gunna be a pretty poor airframe anyway. Might as well give it some teeth. An advantage over aircraft likely to be at its BR.

Im guessing Tornado F3 with AMRAAM is gunna be more like 12.3-12.7

1 Like

That’s what I meant, yeah. Autism and all.

1 Like

This makes me curious about other aircraft as well like the Chinese F-16 MLU and the Italian F-16A ADF. Will they get the historical AIM-120s and get bumped up? I’d think no. Aside from the F-4E you mentioned, same situation with the F-4EJ Kai not having AAM-3s it historically used.

I feel like the F-16C and Mig-29 SMT are high enough but it’s possible they might be placed as high due to their ground attack capabilities as well (which might change when the air/ground BR split happens).

The F-16C and MiG-29SMT had ARH missiles on the test, so there’s no reason to believe they won’t get them.