Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Okay…

So Canadian Leopards…

/s

2 Likes

Fortunately german torpedos were also pretty terrible, especially aerial torpedos.

I cant speak for you brits, but i think the Japanese were the only ones with genuinely useful torpedos from the get-go.

Now, did they actually have the submarine doctrine to make them do anything? With one great exception, absolutely not.

As always, Japanese tactical naval superiority gets tripped up by batshit operational and strategic planning…

Meanwhile Sweden and China still waiting for their naval tree:

4 Likes

“ARV 3 M” and “ARV Taurus” when? /s

Canada talk
Leopard talk
Missile talk
Submarine talk

Not to be a pedant but it irks me when it’s not related to the leaks we have.

So uh ZSL-92! Cool huh?
XM800T! Woah!
Uhhhhh French light tank! Woooow!

(I tried)

I think Sub Torps were fine, heck they were still going strong in the Falklands war.

I think we had many of the same issues with Magnetic torps that the US had, I think several failed to detonate on Bismark (and the RN Cruiser tailing Bismark that hte Swordfish accidentally attacked)

The road to modern Chinese navy…

Canadian Leopard is on the leak-list

ARH is expected this update (and on leaklist)

There is a spoiler on the leaklist for naval. Unlikely to be subs… but you never know…

5 Likes

I think you underestimate how dangerously bad our fish really were lmao

They had a nasty tendency to run circles back at the sub that fired them, fortunately they detonated less than 50% of the time so…

1 Like

Oh god. I dont think we used Magnetic torps in our Subs

True. But notable a nation for the Leopard is specifically absent, same with the Vextra.

I wonder why?

China did what people would on internet say, overtaking in the curve. But Sweden should have a fleet ready.

1 Like

Drachnifiel has a great special on garbage American torpedos if you wanna learn more.

2 Likes

Isnt the most-sinking US sub in the pacific war sunk by her own torpedo?

USS Tang, yes.

1 Like

Watch the entire datamine be false.
Just gaijin trying to trick us.

Which is funny because the American submarine campaign in the pacific is by far the most effective use of submarines ever, doing to the Japanese what the germans were never quite able to do to the brits. It just got off to a really rough start.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be shocked if they did pull a funny like that.

1 Like

We’ll see tomorrow i guess…

Time for a coma then.