Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

British naval architects in the late 1910s speedrunning how to make the worst possible submarine

You just cant accept this is what peak performance looks like.

No need to worry if you can fire a 308mm gun from under the waterline and then swim away.

2 Likes

in theory, yes

WT doesnt care for reality, its all theory at maximum effectiveness xD

1 Like

Italy has some interwar refits in the form of the Duilio and the projected refit for Conte di Cavour.

UK does have some interwar setups on some of their vessels. Both Iron Dukes, Renown, and Hood are all either interwar or WW2 fits, but it’s correct that UK does not have any battleships that were designed during the interwar period.

France is currently in the same situation, and could easily get Dunkerque/Strasbourg since they are around the same level of capability as Alaska or Scharnhorst. UK should probably get Nelson/Rodney.

I would mostly agree but I think Gaijin will start with US, Germany, and USSR, since WT mobile already has Pr.641 as a top-of-the-line vessel for USSR subs.

USSR is fine by me, given what they would accomplish in the cold war.

Id like subs to come in with USA, Britain, Germany, and USSR at least.

1 Like

With any luck. Gaijin wont be lazy and all nations will get at least some subs. Even just 1

Im a tad more worried with the ASW stuff. Like Britian doesnt even have its naval radars, I hope it gets something like Hedgehog

2 Likes

It’d take a lot of luck lol

If done right britain should be the nation for asw mains.

Japan should be the nation for people who enjoy being sank by submarines.

Yeah… Im guessing that honour will go to the US. But yes. Britain should be one of the best ASW in the game

Well USA and Britain are the two countries who can claim to be the best at asw, but we both know who it will be in-game lol 🇷🇺

1 Like

Same way they did the original NF CBT ? It 's possible, but some of the earliest submarine-addition-related things we saw were British ( like the Type M Mk.2 mine added to the files in 2019 ). So I don’t think their subs would be far behind, assuming subs aren’t rolled out for most( or all ) nations at once.

1 Like

Yeah… Good luck ever getting into torp range of a soviet destroyer. Not looking forward to dealing with homing Torpedos or something from them

1 Like

Nevermind you guys invented those first

Yeah… So we’ll get them last then :D

Meanwhile we’ll be dealing with the illustrious Mark.13 Torpedo.

Im surprised the US/UK doesnt have historically accurate magnetic torpedos

As an American this thought is horrifying.

4 Likes

Gentlemen… Sub talk is getting out of hand considering the conspicuous absence of rumours about them, credible or otherwise.

Better than leo 2 talk.

4 Likes