Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

you didnt know? but yeah the canadians are really fun in squad only faction I like more is probably the marines

1 Like

I’m crazy France is still not officialy in squad, some people have done a crazy mod about it, even 2 in one mods for 2 era (Famas/Hk) xD

Afaik COH3 is also planning to add Canadian highlanders as a part of some kind of unit to a battlegroup. In wargame the Canadians are very important support-wise, and I did do some trolling with them alone. It is also wargame that let me knew the existence of ADATS and I grinded the entire British tree in war thunder to get it.

September last year. And whilst yes, its a very good CAS. But, in fairness the US does actually lack a 11.3/11.7 CAS. They have to uptier to have any CAS at 11.3/11.7. F-111C or AV-8B would be good choice for that

Is it now… interesting. Britain has been a tad neglected and their… snarky comments about Britain has annoyed a LOT of people. So I wonder if we’ll get a UK/Canada division

TT AV-8B would be the most sensical choice, but on the other hand, its likely to be an AMRAAM carrier so its BR may be higher, depending how its split. Alternatively it would be very cool to see the F-111E carrying AGM-130 missiles with its 2k pound warhead.

1 Like

I mena fair but I normally up tier myself anyway since the chances of getting a down br are pretty slim and even then not really worth it for the UK

In WARNO context the Canadians in that game would be 4 CMBG in Lahr with the 5th airlifting in from Quebec, with a battery of ADATS from the 4 RCA. They might be supported by other NATO allies nearby.

1 Like

I haven’t looked at COH3 for a while I just heard it was bad. Didn’t even add Italy well being set in Italy.

Sounded like COH2 with “upgraded graphics” and “tropical maps”.

Yeah… with split BRs it could be at the right BR for GRB whilst still having AMRAAM. But I do wonder how much they’ll balance air combat in ground modes. Is AMRAAM at 11.7 fair? even in ground?

Yes and no. Ive found that 11.3 with Britain you get a fair few downtiers because so many 11.7s are in 11.7-12.7 line-ups/matches.

But at least a chance of a downtier (even 10.7-11.7 matches) is better than no downtiers at all

I slightly disliked COH series for how they neglected any nation that isnt the US, UK, Germany and Soviets in each games tbh, Italy, Free France, Canada and ANZAC, as well as Romania deserves their representation.

3 Likes

Agreed, 2a4m would still be a cool tank though

I guess, depends. AV-8B has 6 pylons, and 2xAGM-65E/G, 2xAMRAAM and 2xAIM-9M sounds like a reasonable combo, but from phoenixes we knew that ARH costs extra SP, so that loadout is probably going near a thousand without scouting, which may disincentivize players for taking ARH on CAS runs. Without further decompression, AMRAAM armed AV-8B+ could stay 11.7 ground wise and get a 12.3 air battle BR, assuming that gaijin will increase the max BR to 13.0 on launch, and further decompressing to 13.3 in the first BR changes.

That’s true, balance them via SP cost

Canada was legit made very good by that tiny change, allowing for war-fueled and send in the zombies simutaneously.

1 Like

we are getting northag for the next dlc which is gonna add some new british decks with the dutch and belgians, then we are getting southag with canada, the french and spanish

1 Like

Well since now the ToF, D&D and the walking Tiger is now free and part of the base game.
I think the old trees need to be updates a hell lot more. (Looks at Germany)

adding on this I hope those canadian divisions have ADATS since the only long range AA in nato are I-Hawks and its starting to annoy me that the Soviets have, Kub, Buks, Tors, Tunguskas and then another one I cant remember

Speaking on the topic of split BRs, I felt the Su-22M3 might get some attention, although it just got R-60Ms so that isnt a glaring issue anyways. Its kit might be a bit lacking for 10.7 before so, and Id assume its only that high because very few cold war Russian designs can multirole effectively, while the fitter gets a kit more like 10.3 for CAS(no TV/IR guided weaponries, bad RWR, but decent unguided weaponries) and 10.3 for A2A(pathetic number of flares, quite some R-60s, mid FM), combining these gets a 10.7 which is a bit high for it but makes sense. Again it has R-60M/MKs now which should solve the problem.