Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

I think we need to seriously start considering whether early AESA radars are actually all that unreasonable. Blue Vixen and Foxhunter arent that far off in my opinion. So long as the platform they are on isnt totally broken. I think AESA’s could make an appearance sooner rather than later

Well, they have to implement air AESA at some point, an early F-2 for them to iron out issues sounds like a decent idea imo, but not for next update no.

I haven’t looked at the Forum for over 12 hours so I just had a lot of catching up to do.
I don’t want that thing to be brought up again.

Copy and paste is inevitable in some trees, but it doesn’t need to be like that for every tree. I stopped playing US tech tree and started playing France because I got tired of seeing Phantoms in every single tech tree. I’d prefer if they leave France alone from the nonsense copy and paste stuff that is going on.

3 Likes

Might be better if we can model PESA correctly first, before jumping to AESA.

1 Like

Some C&P is fine. Some is frustrating. If there is genuinely no alternative. Then its fine. If a C&P is added instead of maybe a native built, unique vehicle. Or even just a heavily modified “C&P” then its an issue. But a nation shouldnt be denied an addition just because it happens to also be used by other nations

8 Likes

True. Though same could be said for basically everything. Is the game ready for ARH when they can barely get SARH to work properly half the time

We both know this isn’t going to happen, if Benelux is real, F-16 to France will become a thing, and there goes France.

3 Likes

I would argue we did work out most of the issues with SARH missiles over the years, and they’re a lot better than their initial additions from all the reworks to the SARH mechanics

True… Though I think the same is gunna be true of PESA/AESA and ARH and Gen 5 IR and [insert whatever you want here]

It will never be ready on release. It will be worked on and fixed over the next few years until maybe its actually in a good state

That’s true with everything, ARH despite being on the test during last dev server will still be a messy implementation, not in terms of the missile itself, but the gameplay surrounding it. Let’s not forget that stock jets still only have flares and 2 x IR missiles as stock, so fighting against fully spaded ARH jets will be a whole new can of worm Gaijin gotta figure out eventually.

Im hoping that the Split CMs will mean that aircraft can get flares and chaff stock and that is in-part why that change is finally coming. But yes. Spading something like the Sea Harrier FA2 isnt gunna be fun (fingers crossed it gets 2x Aim-9Ms stock instead of 2-4 9Ls). Though nor was the F3 and at least the FA2 has some bombs available

Stock IR missile will be insufficient at all, when ARH can act as dogfighting missiles at close range as well, what I hope is Gaijin giving the option to allow 2 x ARH as stock too, so players get the option, as stock, either 2 x IR, 2 x ARH or 1 x IR + 1 x ARH, to give it just a bit of flexibility

1 Like

Maybe? Im more hoping that they wont be a rank 4 mod and instead maybe rank 2. Im guessing for some they might still have SARH and maybe have SARH stock that they then upgrade to ARH (tornado F3 AoP that would be easy to do) but that isnt an option for all aircraft (FA2 cant use SARH).

Its tricky. From a player perspective. Stock ARH would be the best option even its limited to 2. But from Gaijins, it means more people may buy GE to skip the stock grind. F3 had no SARH stock and its basically only good in BVR. Almost unusable in WVR and yet it didnt get even standard skyflash as stock (in fact it initially had them as the first SARH you unlocked at rank 3 until we finally got them to swap them to Skyflash DFs)

So if history is any indicator… These jets are gunna be a tough stock grind with im guessing ARH either as a rank 3 or rank 4 mod. Just glad I play SB

Aren’t the devblogs pretty late this year? Maybe update is like mid-late June

Lol every single time I open this thread, you’re here :), stoked about the FA2?

2 Likes

Maybe. June Updates in the past have been the second week of June. So that is still 4 weeks away. Also devblogs rarely drop on a monday. Im guessing they’ll start tomorrow morning/early afternoon.

though considering what is hopefully coming. I’d prefer a “late” update and hopefully they’ll be in a better state

1 Like

Glad my birthday is the first week lol

1 Like

Just a tad. 0 “emotional connection” to the Gripen. So looking forward to getting a native built top tier jet for Britain.

Though I do also enjoy debating/discussing possible additions. Learnt a lot about different vehicles and nations from this thread

(also waiting for Homeworld 3 to drop. Goes live in 3 hours. so twiddling my thumbs until then :P )

At least as long we have main use of Mirages and Rafale for the future this would save some originality, but yeah, would be sad…

2 Likes