Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

It wouldn’t no.

Again, I’m just saying, if everyone else is getting their native AAMs, Japan can be one of them too since AAM-4 is pretty comparable to AIM-120B. It’s like AIM-9M vs AAM-3.

The AAM-3 really should be more manoeuvrable than it is, since it can roll to allow the use of twin-axis pulling, but that’s a whole other discussion.

As for whether Japan should get the AIM-120B or AAM-4, I really don’t mind either way, and at the end of the day, it’s up to Gaijin.

Agreed to both. I’m sure they’ll unnerf the AAM-3 and other missiles after sufficient time has passed.

That’s what they’ve been doing to the Magic II recently, so yeah, that seems likely.

well you see

you don’t need to fire the guns if the enemy has a heart attack before the fight

1 Like

I’m looking forward to using ARHs in ground RB as a CAP tool. Aside from finally getting FnF missiles to deter orbital strikers, it might be a good tool to use against helis.

Currently Sparrows only work at close ranges against helicopters which, at that point, you’re in gun range and can also be shot down by them. I’m hoping with ARHs we can launch them using TWS at range and use datalink + inertial guidance to get real close so they’ll find their own lock. That way we can fight them, without getting into their effective ranges (and assuming they don’t smartly hug the ground and let multipathing work).

2 Likes

France has quite a few Autism Machines, as I like to call them.

1 Like

but to be fair we went from this :

Spoiler

To this :

Spoiler

And this :

Spoiler

So it’s not all that bad, what matters is the evolution i guess X)

6 Likes

Four guns in each turret looks weird.

1 Like

They really should get rid of that once ARHs are added

1 Like

I personnally like it.

But tbh those are 2 guns turrets strapped to each other :

Spoiler

shema03

The 2 left guns can have their own elevation compared to the 2 right guns, and a thick armor plate separates these 2 groups of guns

4 Likes

I never said it’s bad, just unusual. It does have character.

2 Likes

We’d hope but I doubt it. They picked this specifically for balance so that you can defend against 16 planes (even though the fix is right there, smaller games).

1 Like

I personnally hate hugging the ground (and i have a feeling the ground doesn’t like me either, seing how much i took it in the face).

Defending up high is possible, but it requires to be sneaky and patient, especially when facing 27ERs and Phoenixes. I think, unlike the current situation, the upcoming update would be the ideal moment to get rid of multipath, because everyone will have access to similar FOX3s.

Not to mention 1990s missiles being affected by it is unrealistic

5 Likes

I’m hoping that if you launch them from high altitude, when they dive straight down they’ll have no choice but to ignore multipathing, but who knows.

I do think the autoswitching for the radar thing has to be tuned so that PD radars don’t get easily fooled by chaff.

Smaller games and/or all games at and above 11.7 being EC maps.

1 Like

Don’t you dare lump me in with the rest of the Naval mains

Tornado F.3 being competitive? Being able to beat F-14 and MiG-29? Impossible lmao

I mwan maybe I’m in the minority but I’d like to keep it, but modify it so that it affects missiles with Conical Scan more (AIM-7F I’m looking at you) rather than all missiles arbitrarily being affected the same.

(That way we can finally represent the supremacy that is Skyflash)

Give us the Nado (late) with ASRAAM and AIM-120 and I’m sure it can compete with top tier))))

1 Like