Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

I personnally hate hugging the ground (and i have a feeling the ground doesn’t like me either, seing how much i took it in the face).

Defending up high is possible, but it requires to be sneaky and patient, especially when facing 27ERs and Phoenixes. I think, unlike the current situation, the upcoming update would be the ideal moment to get rid of multipath, because everyone will have access to similar FOX3s.

Not to mention 1990s missiles being affected by it is unrealistic

5 Likes

I’m hoping that if you launch them from high altitude, when they dive straight down they’ll have no choice but to ignore multipathing, but who knows.

I do think the autoswitching for the radar thing has to be tuned so that PD radars don’t get easily fooled by chaff.

Smaller games and/or all games at and above 11.7 being EC maps.

1 Like

Don’t you dare lump me in with the rest of the Naval mains

Tornado F.3 being competitive? Being able to beat F-14 and MiG-29? Impossible lmao

I mwan maybe I’m in the minority but I’d like to keep it, but modify it so that it affects missiles with Conical Scan more (AIM-7F I’m looking at you) rather than all missiles arbitrarily being affected the same.

(That way we can finally represent the supremacy that is Skyflash)

Give us the Nado (late) with ASRAAM and AIM-120 and I’m sure it can compete with top tier))))

1 Like

What, you don’t like a less maneuverable F-4 with slightly better missiles?

No jk, i’m no British main but always thought that was weird. I’d rather fly a MiG-23 or Mirage F-1 against 4th gen.

After scrolling through those french pre dreadnoughts and can now confirm the attack on Mers-el-Kébir, was 100% justified.

7 Likes

the French ships of this era are a real threat

Man I love it. Only thing I miss from the Phantom is the gun. And the flares that actually worked more than 30% of the time. The radar is simply supreme and is just better than pretty much everythinf, bar the F-16 Radar (which I haven’t really tried) and the Gripen Radar which is essentially Blue Vixen (which is the most based radar known to man)

Not at all understandable

Conditional: Do you fly it with the Draken skin od Normandy Niemen skins?

Desert skin.

I’d love to fly a Tornado in sim but am not very far in the GB tree and the German premium only carries two sidewinders (and no IFF?!). Personally expecting Cheetah or Harrier as rank 8 premium but hopefully they’ll do an A2A variant for the Tornado so I can just hop into one. Pretty much anything works in sim comfortably if you pick the Br rotation right. Beautiful bird, just waiting for the right time to fly it.

wrong answer
wrong buzzer sound

If I had the damn time I would play a bit of Air Sim. Morv has been trying (with little success thus far) to get me to play air in sim. Unfortunately I’ve got exams on the go right now so er… 3 hour gaming seshes are a bit out of the question. And yes ik you can leave early/join midway through but Sim… no, I haven’t got my setup for it at the min.

The German Prem one is worthless because it doesn’t even get guided weapons, imo a waste of money (sorry)

I’ve never done a full 3 hour session. Working dad, ain’t got time for that. Typically do like 30 minutes. Sometimes I don’t even get shot down in that time, just cruise around and blow up people.

Understandable. My recommendation:
Assign pitch/roll/yaw controls. Fly a jet with stabilisation (SAS mode in control iirc) and set to dampening.
As soon as you touch the power lever the engine starts you’re ready to go as you would in Air RB, and thats all you really need. Give it a go, do a take off and play until you’re dead and see if you like it or if it has potential.
Enjoy the sound of the engine, look around the cockpit, enjoy the view outside.

Yeah, if they added IFF and 2 more 9L’s I would gladly bomb truck around with it in sim and go for the occaissional opportunistic kill and simply enjoy it in a laidback event grinder. But this right now is just garbage.

2 Likes

I mean the Tornado WTD61 is kind of a Western MiG-23BM

Still gets 9L’s and radar.
Just…so close but no cigar. 2 more 9L’s and IFF on the radar it’d be flyable imo.
Like the J-7D, give it PL-5C’s instead of B’s and IFF. But no.

it’s radar is currently implemented as an Air Sea only radar, which is literally a Copy and Paste from tbe MFG tornado who slaves it’s Komoran to it

and it’s IRST is currently implemented as Low range Radar target lock

yea I don’t think they’ll fix the Tornado radars soon but it’d be nice

also the German tornados are incapable of carrying more than 2 Sidewinders

With how ridiculous ASRAAM is it would probably be the best top tier.

1 Like

Really? Hope those radars get fixed but by that time there’ll be nice/better premiums to fly that I haven’t flown yet.

The missiles, I heard that before but tbh, there are enough creative liberties in WT and if I’d drop 35 Euro (after discount) on something then I’d expect it to be playable. They are already on double pylons iirc.

at least it can use the radar at all, on the IDS versions in the regular trees it doesn’t get any radar

1 Like