Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Sorry, I edited my comment the original was not what I intended

Beautiful

huuuuh

I’m not going to go too political, but that statement is highly debatable

A certain country couldn’t cope with it anymore and decided to leave the Typhoon partly because of it.

And it still holds true to this day (Hello FCAS and Hydef)

work is already underway on modernization:

1 Like

Eh, we wouldn’t be in this mess if it wasn’t for the Swiss hunter and Gaijin using the “Commonwealth Rule” for the Indian T-90.

Canadians want it in the UK because the ADATS is there, Germans want it because it’s a Leo.

The 2PL was supposed to have DM53 as well, Gaijin just didn’t add it in for some reason but i’ve heard it was due to balancing issues.
So for all we know, Gaijin won’t give the 2A4M Can DM53 either for balancing purposes.
Normal 2A4 is 10.3, so the 2A4M should be 10.7 or 11.0. 2A4M has Gen 3 thermals which the 2PL also has. It was also capable of having cage armour so that’s a possibility.
The post below suggests that the armour is similar to the Swedish Strv 122A/B
So TLDR:
The 2A4M Can is pretty similar to the 2PL so I can’t see it being too far behind.

Just read this for more details

you are right, thats the point

1 Like

As someone with every nation in the game…

I don’t see why it should go to Germany.

Germany already has Leopard 2A7V, Leopard 2A6, Leopard 2 PSO, Leopard 2A5, Leopard 2PL, and a long etc, plus all of the potential further additions, such as 2A7, 2A6EX/2E/HEL, 2A7+, EMBT, KF51…

Meanwhile U.K only has a bunch of mediocre and gimped Challengers (or should I call them Challengeds) with pretty much no more options left.

Besides, U.K has ADATS, so it would be the second Canadian vehicle in the top tier lineup.

But beyond anything; gameplay and balance wise, it only makes sense for it to go for U.K. Germany doesn’t need it.

3 Likes

How are one death leavers useful to Germany?

Opens Canadian equipment list Huh nothing in the German tree is there. (IFV, APC, SPAA or plane wise)

This thread if the 2A4M CAN wasn’t coming to the game:

2 Likes

This is what worries me indeed; Gaijin loved nerfing tanks just to keep them at lower BRs than they could be if they were implemented to their full potential.

If 2A4CAN comes, I hope it’s as a reinforcement vehicle for 11.7 with DM53, and not a needed thing with DM33/43 so it sits lower where it does no good.

That would be for the best. Keep the Canadian Leos out until a Canadian tech tree is added to the game.

You see, as a Canadian who mains Germany but also plays Britain every now and then, it’s hard to appeal to both sides. Just gotta enjoy what you get. Probably one of the more touchy vehicle topics i’ve see in the past 1 or so years that i’ve been reading the forums.

I’m calling it. It’s gonna be a 11.(x) premium

1 Like

like we said when it was first mentioned… at 11.3

1 Like

I think it’s going to go after Vickers Mk.7. Gaijin stated that they had plans for that line… so this makes sense, I think.

I guess I better start grinding it lmao. Leopard 2A4CAN would do no good in the German tree and I would skip it, but, if it comes to U.K with DM53, I could be interested in it, even with its inexistent armor, ever since I learned about its 3rd Gen thermals.

I mean you’d have to keep it out for a while then…

And it’s all Gaijin’s fault.

If they stuck to the tech rules we would be here.

Swiss hunter to UK
Indian T-90 to USSR

etc.

Yet they rather use excuses like Commonwealth to add random additions. From nations the makes no sense anywhere need said tree and dosn’t fit.

I thought it was supposed to be a premium the last time I heard???
Also provided both top tiers just as reference if need be

Spoiler

2 Likes

might u have forgotten that germany is still lacking its new rank 7 premium and that the leo 2a4m can is the perfect fit.
Honestly its pretty obvious where its going even figures like gszabi already " confirmed " it

1 Like