Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Thats a DL mast, its the same one as on the Sky sabre. It is used to communicate with command/radar vehicle and the missile.

2 Likes

DL antenna, CAMM is guided via datalink most of the way, then ARH for terminal iirc

1 Like

Hopefully they’ll model some of the intellegence of the Brimstone to hit a weakspot. The difference is the F&F nature. Whilst yes you have 16x Hellfire, you have to guide one at a time and they wont add the F&F version yet. Brimstones would have double the range, on a platform that in theory should be harder to hit and even if they ended basically being AGM-65s in terms of usage and F&F performance. That is a lot of fire you can put down range.

That being said. Me want Tornado Gr4 for busting SB convoys

from what I read it stated it had its own radar on the launch vic

F&F missiles definitely need rework. They are so bad right now. Probably the chinese QN506 atgm is the worst F&F missile in game

There exist SLS, SLM and SLX. SLS is 12 SLM is 40 and SLX is 80

Yeah, I can see a bit of a guidance overhaul before something like Brimstone. You’ve also got things like guided weapons vs destroyers in SB, you can see just how basic the locking on is.

and I get that but being told that our planes should be limited its just down right dumb when I have seen barely anyone saying they should heavily limit the cas of current aircraft, most people just want better sams or completely different game modes

Yeah, true. but if the choice was take Tornado Gr4 with 12 Brimstones this year or 18 next year. Id rather take the 12 sooner rather than later and then move up to 18 next year. Also whilst there is a photo of 18 Brimstones on the Tornado. Usually the “default” was drop tanks and 12 on the belly. So I could accept the decision to limit to 12 on the belly, so long as it was communicated as such

No, radar. Just sights. Why stick a poor radar when A) Camm can be guided by any radar in the battle space via DL. and B) you’re spending alot of money on a fancy SAAB radar units.

Depending on what sight it uses, as it can be one of the 2, it can have MTI in the tracker.

yeah I get the tornado but the harrier has multiple photos of it with 18 brimstones and gaijin seems to be perfectly fine with adding rare loadouts such as the PGMs on the tornado since I dont think that was to common right?

Warthunder :(

IRIS-T SL 12km new mobile spaas with this launcher ready to fire on the move are being developed based on the boxer to compliment the skyranger

IRIS-T SLM 40km

IRIS-T SLX 80km

Later systems are similar to patriot so to say

I have no idea, but probs not. But yeah, same boat though. Gotta accept a bit of compromise at times to get something good.

I only knew of the 12km version, happy to be corrected though. Thanks!

):<

1 Like

I am generally interested in what can the escercito bring to the table for SAM launchers, besides DART equipped draco. SL-ASPIDE seems a lot to ask for.

Wah, I missed this one sorry. Thanks for the correction

1 Like

for more information we have a whole thread about the variants IRIS-T SL - The Surface Launched variant