Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

If Gaijin introduces carriers in a similar way to Battlestations: Pacific, and solves Naval issues, Naval has the potential to become my new most played game mode…

Seriously, BS:P was the game I spent most time on on the XboX 360. The combined fleet combat was incredible; spawning squadrons of planes, leading them in first person from a plane yourself and/or being able to command them from your ship, was incredible…

So, if Gaijin is to implement CVs, I really hope it’s done that way and not just as player-controlled airfields! (That would be boring and pointless). War Thunder Naval has the potential to become the spiritual successor of that game, and I would be all for it!

This could make Naval incredibly dynamic and amazing.

That being said, Gaijin would need to be VERY careful with how they implement CVs too, specially when it comes to BRs. As of now, compression forces WW1 dreadnoughts to face Cold War bombers… this situation has to be rectified and not made worse by carriers. We need severe decompression in Naval before taking such step- WW1 dreadnoughts shouldn’t be facing WW2 Battleships, let alone CVs and planes too.

Also, we need maps large enough so that we can at least move from the spawns and set proper courses, instead of having maps where teammates slam into each other as they spawn while there is already fire between spawns, as it is now.

15 km between spawns is fine for WW1 Battleships, but, if we were to finally decompress Naval and put WW2 BBs and CVs on their own BR range, these would need at least 30 km between spawns so it’s not a disaster.

10 Likes

Swiss ground is fantastic. Enough to make its own tree. Air is the problem, other than their super MS405s and twin tailed sturmoviks its mostly german and french copy paste. I have no problem with that, but a lot of people do.

2 Likes

could add Austrian stuff to that tree and it’s gon be as nice as Sweden

1 Like

I mean either way its still better than Israel on both air and ground.

4 Likes

The chaffee in the French tree are a logical choice (approximately 1200 purchased) , unlike the Swiss planes in the German tree

5 Likes

This is why chat is banned.
Still losing…

Gaijin has made it clear that a sub nation is a nation within a nation.
Hell they called Hungary a nation in the release video.

But what I getting at is he is complaining about France not getting any Chaffees in the French tree.
But yet even it’s French things in other trees via sub trees or filling hole reasons he is against it.

2 Likes

imo a subtree should be for adding unique vehicles without creating a new tree with many copy past , so France having swedish IFVs for exemple is dumb imo
but France getting M24 would make sense because we used a lot of them,

I mean all nations used C&P at some point. And will bring C&P with it after all:

And Sub-trees are nations that have a home and all to do with said nation should stick together.

2 Likes

Yep and the only rule for a nation to be able to go into another one is there status in ww2 iirc.

1 Like

I am sure gaijin didnt just make a mistake here, we will be seeing a North Korean Su-25 soon, right? Hmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Well with Japan may get Thailand in the future the only place for N & S Korea would be China.

However Iran or Pakistan would be more funnier

South Korea to China? Surely you are just joking

doesn’t china already have a Taiwanese sub tree?

Its not really a sub tree

Its like East and west Germany

1 Like

the difference is East and west Germany have Reunited

2 Likes

And

Sweden is a combined tree but only has the Swedish tree and the flags do matter anyway

Germany has the ww2 flag so should all post war stuff not be their

@MXY7_Ohka_when care to reply to my latest comment or has it busted your argument ?

seems like I’ve started sth