Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

i think that we will just get the arh version of the mica, likely on the existent 5f or on a new one.

1 Like

Barak II is at 12.7 with worse flight performance than F-16C and would be worse than the F-16AM.
F-16AM would be the same 12.7 BR (given the same armament and capabilities of the F-16C), since the flight performance difference would be little to insignificant.

Barak II has worse flight model but a better radar. The AM still gets the 66 radar of the 16A compared to the 68 that the 16C/D get.

Also do we know if the argentinian 16AM will have HMCS? Because if not it’s clearly not an equivalent to the 16C/D.

It gets a AN/APG-66(V)2 radar and JHMCS, so only slightly worse but not enough to warrant a lower BR.

1 Like

I think for this update we’re obviously going to see ARH missiles and carriers for nations that don’t have them already.
Gripen C for Sweden is all but confirmed, F-4F ICE would be the most sensible option for a German one. F-15J MSIP would make sense for Japan and J-10A would give China a PL-12 slinger that’s not a J-8. Maybe some newer variants of the Su-27 and F-15 or F-14 for the big nations. Even F-18 could make sense and you could reasonably give that to 2-3 nations (US, Sweden, UK).
Maybe we will see the ww2 part of the Hungarian subtree but I think that’s another update or two off in the future.

For ground I think a tech tree spike carrier for Germany would make sense now that the Vilkas has come. China has had a decent amount of vehicles leaked by Olivia with the zbd-03 both there and having a track in datamined files. France could be getting some new high tier stuff as well. Maybe a squadron vehicle for Italy or France since they’re the only 2 nations without one atm. Otherwise I don’t think there’s too much to go on right now. Probably some memey vehicle people will get excited for ala the Italian gun trucks, bv 138, or object 775. One nation (probably Japan or israel) will get next to nothing. New premiums and packs and a single forgettable low tier plane as always.

That would be better on a standalone BMP-3M, refitted with bakhcha-U and modernized FCS, a kit like that would be 10.0 ish. The regular BMP is fine, im not sure could this be done, but it could get the dragoon kit from 2S38.

Imo the F-15C for Israel and US makes the most sense if we are getting new 4th gen platforms for more nations. If Japan is getting a newer F-15J, the F-15C is just an easy addition to 2 other nations.

Besides that, with how little rank VIII planes sweden has left to add, I very much doubt that they would give them both the Gripen C and F/A-18.

There are still rooms, F-16A and AM from RNAF and F-16A-15 ADF from RDAF. Of course this would have repercussions without saying.
If gaijin really found some sekrit dokuments, Finnish MiG-29 is possible.

Yeah I just figured that they might want more than one new top tier airframe and the F-18 would be the easiest for that.

2 Likes

In the files and leaked naval vehicles likely to be Rank 4 or under:

MS 74 serie 2A ( in files )

Prochnyy ( gun in the files )

USS Indianapolis (CA-35) ( leaked 2.7.0.55 )

USS Nicholas (DD-449) ( in WT Mobile )

USS Selfridge (DD-357) ( in WT Mobile files )

Svetlyy ( in WT Mobile )

HMS Cornwall (56) ( in WT Mobile )

JDS Takatsuki (DD-164) ( in WT Mobile )

IJN Teruzuki ( in WT Mobile files )

USS Charles F. Adams (DD-952) ( leaked )

USS Forrest Sherman (DD-931) ( leaked )

Deutschland ( leaked )

Murmansk ( leaked )

BAP Ferre (DM-74) ( leaked )

HMS Glamorgan (D19) ( leaked )

IJN Sagiri ( leaked )

Desaix ( leaked )

5 Likes

Soooo… no dovbleg today.
Expecting one next week Friday then.

HMS Glamorgan would be pretty cool as its our version of the bravy having the Seacat as a CLOS for pure anti air and then the Seaslug that was beam riding and had a 91kg warhead similar to that of bravy

Now I know the Cornwall is a County Class CA from ww2 but would be cool to see HMS Cornwall F99

1 Like

As expected

proof

Would kindof prefer it to be in the researchable techtree because of that, but it 's in the right area to become the next event prize. So that 's possible too.

Event devblog ? [Event] Legend of Victory: Eremin’s Yak-3! - News - War Thunder

2 Likes

Was hoping for patch devblog

Who cares lmao?

4 Likes

Only if the reward is nice 😂

F-22 would mean F35, MiG-35 (F35 Killer) Su-35, Su-57, maybe Top Gun’s -
MiG-28

I think norwegian vehicles have been limited to premiums at least for now.

Then again, with 12.0 premiums now on the table, F-16A premiums aren’t impossible anymore.

1 Like