Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

my guess is still a MiG-21-93 for the soviet tree as it would very much fit the F-20A

for other nations I don’t know what they could get

1 Like

the UK dont really have an option besides maybe making the Tornado F3 with AMRAAMs or the Sea Harrier FA2 the premium both of which would most likely piss people off

Yeah. Cheetah for UK, Kfir again for Israel, Mirage 50 for France. Possibly a J-8 or J-7 again for China. Germany an F-4. Sweden ???

Just wild guesses.

the Cheetah would never be 12.0 or a rank 8 premium maybe a rank 7 since it can only carry 2 AAMs

The focus of updates is a lot of the time revealed in the teaser, so I’m not expecting anything on them until then.

unless they pushed it back we have already been told that ARH missiles are coming in the 2nd major update of 2024 so I would assume that would be the main focus

1 Like

And?

sweden could get another J35 premium

1 Like

I fucking hope not.

Honestly imagine an “in-between”… Imagine if they finally added some more variety into gen 2/3 jets or went for a decompresso.

Probably another 50% premium patch.

1 Like

Love the airframe but which version and which loadouts would compete with F-20’s and the like?

Good point. Kinda depends what else they give it but you might very well be right it wouldn’t be 12.0.

Rank 7 premiums also saw Br 10.0 to 11.3 so not all might be 12.0.

Lotsa speculating my end tho so we’ll see 😂

why not? could be a premium Viggen

1 Like

Premium Viggen would make most sense to me if they go for something with ARH.

none can really compete but there are versions better than those currently in game

J35Ö is an example, they carried AiM-9P5 got an RWR and Flare/Chaff

the only swedish plane that could compete with F-20A and MiG-21-93 would be JA37D but that’s already in the TT

edit: I guess they made a seperate JA37DI wich is essentially just an english translation of the cockpit so that could be added?

1 Like

RWR and all aspect would make it great. Tired of 3 premium J35s in one tree tho if I already have the Grippy.

I’ve heard people say the 37D in game isn’t the variant for ARH, but rather needs the Ja37Di or something. I could be wrong of course. Gaijin can still C&P calling it “Ja37D (5 minutes early)” or something if they need those ARH’s.

I heard people say that too

it’s just that how I understand the JA37D story is that they needed some stopgap solution to keep their Air defence potent until the Gripen is ready so they just upgraded some JA-37Cs to use AMRAAMs

as far as I know the D currently in game represents how the Cs were used in the time just before the D upgrades
take this with a grain of salt tho

1 Like

Gonna need to up the blood pressure medication with the grains of salt in this thread.
Jk jk

I’m like 60% on a Ja37Di, 30% on an all aspect carrying J35, 10% something else… from the top of my head can’t think of any good Nordic/Scandinavian contenders.

Since when is the Viggen a J35?

The JA37Di is an international variant that is, for in game purposes, identical.