Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

or HMD, dont think it had one

that’s the only reason I can think of why it’s possible to come this patch. If it would be a east german su-27 or F-16 (if germany had those planes) it would come 1 update later

HMD isn’t that much of a deal breaker here (at least to me, your mileage may vary. Personally not a fan of HMD)
But lack of IFF could be a problem

EDIT: To be more specific, it doesn’t have IFF interrogator. Other can IFF F-4F ICE and see it as friend or foe but ICE itself cannot do that.

How is that any fun? No matter how much you avoid it, there will be dogfights happening from time to time which you will lose every time, that’s not considering the fact that phantoms have very hot engines which at closer ranges will make it much harder to flare R-73s. It won’t be DOA, but I don’t think the plane will be fun.

3 Likes

maybe it’s at a lower br

Gaijin doesnt care about balance.

This will be clearly the next top tier plane

4 Likes

APG-65 has IFF iirc, but to my understanding, no HMD is correct for F-4F ICE.

I wish they would also add Mirage MF2000 to also come as an analogue to it.

1 Like

It’s for there new game to the skys yet to be a thing lol

Sounds like you want something meta, not necessarily interesting.

That’s what I’ve been told at least

really? these were leaked ages ago

Still some missing like the A4M and Leopard1M etc.

No, I want something that’s fun, not braindead. A missilebus isn’t very engaging to play when it can’t really defend itself against unexpected attacks

Well, APG-65 is already modeled in-game on the Italian Harrier and it has IFF.

Having something that can do both WVR and BVR pretty well is braindead gameplay though, versus something that’s non-meta but fun (excelling in only one category). That would be the F-4F ICE that does well in BVR but would be behind others in WVR.

BVR in itself is quite disinteresting, you either get the kill or don’t. There is no way for you to influence your odds after you launch the missile. You press 3 buttons, to lock on, turn the seeker on and to launch and that’s where your gameplay ends. BVR hands over every bit of a struggle to keep on top, to prove yourself superior to your enemy, how can you call this fun?

Mmm Anzac draws from a more diverse pool of air stuff including French and Italian. Canada may be making their own aircraft, but its very much in the American style.

Still, I do think Canada is the more viable of the pair all in all.

Interestingly, Anzac does have a capital ship though.

1 Like

I can’t see why not. And I hope we do.

Shameless self promotion:

4 Likes

That’s Fair.

I do think they have Canada there. As they needed more into naval to defend their home.

Canada may have a few light cursers(maybe a heavy) and carries but not much in that way. As due to WW2 Canada ended up having a major ASW role in both WW2 and NATO.

after reading that and some its it, it’s kind of weird because they talk about germany quitting and france quitting so im starting to have my doubts regarding this theme. Ill try to find something in janes there must be something there