Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

The nation that needs it since 2016 gets a sub-tt as last.

True. But Japan still has all its in-service vehicles which is much more than can be said for other nations…

1 Like

Allthough… given all the C&P we got the last couple of years - i’m wondering what they are making that takes so much modeling effort.

It doesn’t, but okay.

1 Like

Such as then?

True, you see this with italy.
Italy has so many unique Italian options left - yet they received a Russian (HUN) sub-TT.

1 Like

im going off of my experience fighting it and from what my friend told me

MPMM, MPMS, Komatsu LAV, and Type 11, off the top of my head.

1 Like

of course a bad enough pilot in an F-15 can loose to a MiG-21 but that’s not the Meta

When you are using CAS at those br’s - no experienced CAS player would go that close to the battlefield.
And with helicopters… don’t bother. It wont lock.
Hate to tell you… but i think your friend isnt telling the exact truth.

thats only top tier.
A nation has more then just top tier.

1. He mentioned “in service” vehicles.
  2. Not all are top tier.
1 Like

yeah im gonna choose to believe my friend over a random person on the internet lol

be my guest. but most people wont agree here.
incase you havent checked the game discussions yet about the new br’s.

We’re still missing a fair share of prototype vehicles, and a ton of WWII service vehicles such as a lot of light tanks. Also despite the Pantsir being in game for a while, Type 81 is still lacking the 14km PESA ARH missiles.
Then there is options for further BR expansions such as Type 11 SAM or Type 10 with hardkill APS, or even just fixes to the current Type 10.

For air it’s a bit thinner, only really offering the F-2 in a few variants, more F-15s and the F-35, but that’s where a Thai subtree could somewhat soon step in (probably later this year).

1 Like

Well being I meant service at all, my bad…

Anyway, going off Wikipedia it seems Japan has most of its equipment that has been retired spare a few howitzers. But:

MPMM, MPMS - aren’t they the same thing?
Komatsu LAV - no anti-tank capability
Type 11 - an ARV?

dont forget the SPH’s that could still come.
Type 74 105mm Self-Propelled Howitzer

Spoiler

Type 56 105mm self propelled gun “SY”

Spoiler

Type 56 105mm self propelled gun “SY”

Its to bad we will never see them because they are unique models for a minor nation.
And they aren’t Russian.
Which we will see… the THAI AV-8B+ as a premium. All T-72’s for Thailand will be in the TT.
Watch the THAI sub-TT be a complete Russian C&P for Japan.

1 Like

The MPMM and MPMS are different, though I’m not sure on what the exact differences in terms of missile performance are.

I was referring to the Komatsu LAV with the guy with an ATGM launcher poking out the top. We already have a vehicle like this with the BTR-ZD, where there ZU-23-2 isn’t properly attached to the hull, so it’s not like we don’t have a precedent for it already.

The Type 11 would be a better Type 81, basically, with ARH missiles.

1 Like

So is almost every other nation… Prototypes are cool and everything but a lot of nations are still missing vehicles that were in service or mass-produced, I would think those would be the priority…

My point is Japan is doing better than other minor nations (except Sweden), sure the tree right now might be a bit anaemic but that’s due to a lack of available options not so much the devs refusing to add vehicles.