Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

Ay it our wiki man

1 Like

Well I had a think about the Canadian Leopard 2’s last night, and imo the UK deserve them because we have many reasons as well as Germany already has enough Leo 2’s.

4 Likes

I can only think of “muh commonwealth” as a reason.

3 Likes

I know that German mains are going to be like “We deserve it cus we already have a Canadian Leo in our tree!!”

2 Likes

You could argue that Germany is in no need for it.
There for it shouldn’t be added to Germany.

2 Likes

That and the fact that the UK tree already has more Canadian vehicles in it, which imo is a completely acceptable reason to add them to the UK. (I guess saying that kind of sounds biased)

2 Likes

do I qualify as german main?

because my opinion on the export leos is to put them everywhere but into Germany, a Leo or two could really help the british tree and it wouldn’t add anything to the german one

3 Likes

Also the Canadian Leo 2’s would fit perfectly behind the Vickers Mk.7 (because it uses a Leo 2 chassis)

1 Like

The way I see it where it will be added in the end at least one party will kick off.

German : “Oh it a Leo it should be in our tree”
Brits : “Oh but the Commonwealth reason and it’s a good replacement for the T-90”

3 Likes

The topic on Canadian Leo 2’s in of itself is controversial, but then we’ll get to the point where German mains will complain about Sweden getting the Strv 123A which will be better than the 2A7V (from what friends have said)

2 Likes

that means I don’t qualify for German main

good good

Not only that but there are so many more Leo 2 variants that they could receive, such as the prototype Leo 2 with a 140mm from Switzerland etc.

And I’m going to be honest here, I love the Challenger 2/3 of which there are more variants out there that could get added such as the Challenger 2 with a 130mm autoloader (iirc it was autoloaded) etc.

But for me it is slowly getting tiring and boring with more Challengers of course I want to see the CR2 with the 130mm and the official production variant of the CR3, but I would also love to see the Canadian Leo 2’s in the British tree as replacements to other tanks in my line-ups etc.

1 Like

iirc the canadian Leos would be 2A4 and 2A6M so both pretty competitive and simple additions

A6M would even be kind of unique as neither german nor finnish A6 have the mine protection plate on LFP and Belly

Edit: what’s probably more interesting is the ammo, I am not sure but I do believe the Canadians could use American ammo

1 Like

with that reason germany should get the challenger 130mm test bed aswell because they only have leos aswell

1 Like

I mean I would say yes but considering how much claim Germany has it’s gonna be a no.
You have like 10+ nations to choose and pray on you don’t need this Challenger

more than the british has for canadian leopards

It’s a fact that Britain is gonna get more commonwealth vehicles that the rule and our claim to that.

1 Like

I disagree, you could make similar arguments for sweden and it doesn’t make much sense there either

the main argument for leos for britain is that they really could use something new competitive while Germany has a few competitive tanks already

the most important argument is not a claim for whatever political or historical reason but need which britain really does have

3 Likes

and still canadian leos were never mentioned and it was even confirmed that not all commonwealth vehicles go to britain.