Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

It was identical to Derby and should be low smoke like 9M

fair enough uk is still getting tied worst ARH missile so nothing new

Well for the Gripen anything actually British would be AMRAAMS

A missle shouldn’t be identical to a city don’t be silly lol

Next update is probably going to be pretty light in terms of Ground vehicle additions, due to this:

Any new vehicle models will already be added to the game with the additional modules.

( [RoadMap] Results of polling on the new points in the Road Map - News - War Thunder )

Since it usually takes close to a year to model a vehicle, and that modelling is usually commissioned to be finished many months or even years in advance of the vehicle becoming available, it would make sense for there to be fewer ground vehicle additions if anything new to the game is going to require a greater depth of detail than the previous standard, on top of in-house modelling time now also being expended to redo existing vehicles.

1 Like

Didn’t it loft like 70 degrees and than fall directly down on opponents which is what made it suck lmao

Eh, it was already looking like a nothing update for ground and/or WW2 enjoyers since the last update.

After all much like the last two this will also be an air-focused update.

1 Like

So you don’t think it will pull 10 more G then the R73…at some point they have to start putting in other nations stuff that go beyond others. The R73 was their working out thrust vectoring missiles, we should expect to see more showing up moving forward for other nations.

1. The IRIS-T and ASRAAM are much better than the R-73M.
  2. The IRIS-T and ASRAAM are two of the best A2A missiles in the world. We won’t see them any time soon.

I am hoping that this will come next major.

7 Likes

My beloved J-10a

1 Like

Also I found this to be a great video on the Fox 3’s from the dev. The 27ER from 20mi is only 3 seconds faster at 43sec, the 120A from 20mi hits at 46sec. So shoot the Fox 3’s at a range where they have more KE but a bit out side active range and just turn away. This will be very hard for the SARH user to deal with.

But that is the issue, the optimal play for a shooter using the R-27ER is to commit to the exchange, the best the AMRAM gets is a likely (but not certain) post death, kill trade.

Assuming that they continue to provide illumination for the AMRAAM as needed(assuming modes are faithfully implemented). As nothing practically changes much at all, and at low Altitudes early AMRAAMs are actually ever so slightly kinematically worse off than the AIM-7F / -7M.

Since any sort of crank, or other defensive maneuver will defeat an unsupported missile, before it attains a track with its onboard radar, and no way to determine the status of the onboard radar makes optimal timing of defensive maneuvers a crapshoot and guess work, also there is no guarantee that that would even be occurring outside the NEZ / MAR ranges of the -27ER anyway.

1 Like

I kept telling people that AIM-7M/R-27ER is to AARHs what AIM-7C is to AIM-7M.

@tripod2008
What trade? The SARH was defeated and the AARH got the frag.
R-27ER and AIM-7M are nothing compared to these AARHs.

1 Like

Just like the AIM-54, the AIM-120 has various modes to rely on which impact the quality of its guidance and how it utilizes the datalink. and so is for the most part still restricted by the Shooter’s gimbal limits, and so prevents the use of notching without loosing the track, which for most guidance modes can’t be recovered once lost so trashes the shot against an actively defending target since the predicted point of impact is no longer accurate and thus the resulting searched volume when the onboard radar would go active no longer contains the target.

The main issue is that the R-27ER has so much more energy that needs to be dealt with for a defensive maneuver to be successful, which complicates responding, or maintaining illumination. also it will be much harder to defend from a prospective 2nd shot taken optimally post crank due to the decreased range and much reduced energy state post maneuver.

Depends heavily on the use case, the actually new tactics that Fox-3’s enable flights bring to the table aren’t relevant since section / wing tactics are basically useless without a somewhat cooperative target and would take far to long to set up to be worth it, also a lot of missiles would be wasted (on low Pk shots) for no gain just to force a target to respect them and so break their timeline.

If Active Radar missiles were going to be that powerful, many more people would be complaining about the already implemented AIM-54 which is obviously not the case, let alone anything even resembling the meta right now, considering the BR placement of either F-14, at well below 12.7.

1 Like

This is just not true at all. R-27ERs are still fast enough under most situations you will hit your targets well before their missiles are close enough to reliably hit under their own guidance. It evens the playing field in that the R-27ER players can’t be completely paint snuffing morons anymore, but it’s not just ARHs> SARHs so 27ERs lose.

2 Likes

leak 2

27 Likes

why are you 2 fighting for who’s favourite nation may get the worst missile?

1 Like

on the AiM-54

for around 1 Major update after their implementation they absolutely dominated top tier air to the point were only few people could actually fight back

then it got corrected and went to be roughly equal to the other airframes again

What I played on the dev server will be better then all the SARH once finished. At the moment because the 54 got a small buff you can get very easy kills at about 30km. At that range the motor on the 54 does not burn out and stays running all the way to target. If they don’t start reacting right away at the 16km mark very likely it’s a kill. Up high it works even better against the ER shooters…and I have played my fair share of 29 and 27 matches. All in all I look forward to the patch :D

1 Like