Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

No, I want something that’s fun, not braindead. A missilebus isn’t very engaging to play when it can’t really defend itself against unexpected attacks

Well, APG-65 is already modeled in-game on the Italian Harrier and it has IFF.

Having something that can do both WVR and BVR pretty well is braindead gameplay though, versus something that’s non-meta but fun (excelling in only one category). That would be the F-4F ICE that does well in BVR but would be behind others in WVR.

BVR in itself is quite disinteresting, you either get the kill or don’t. There is no way for you to influence your odds after you launch the missile. You press 3 buttons, to lock on, turn the seeker on and to launch and that’s where your gameplay ends. BVR hands over every bit of a struggle to keep on top, to prove yourself superior to your enemy, how can you call this fun?

Mmm Anzac draws from a more diverse pool of air stuff including French and Italian. Canada may be making their own aircraft, but its very much in the American style.

Still, I do think Canada is the more viable of the pair all in all.

Interestingly, Anzac does have a capital ship though.

1 Like

I can’t see why not. And I hope we do.

Shameless self promotion:

4 Likes

That’s Fair.

I do think they have Canada there. As they needed more into naval to defend their home.

Canada may have a few light cursers(maybe a heavy) and carries but not much in that way. As due to WW2 Canada ended up having a major ASW role in both WW2 and NATO.

after reading that and some its it, it’s kind of weird because they talk about germany quitting and france quitting so im starting to have my doubts regarding this theme. Ill try to find something in janes there must be something there

Canada had the 3rd largest navy in the world in 1945, but it was almost entirely Flower class, River class, and Castle class ASWs.

Australia had this.

2 Likes

Isn’t that just wait I said?

Canada had an ASW navy and it continued that way.
Well, Australia had capital ships to defend their home.

Canada did have the HMCS Warrior after ww2 which was a light carrier of the Colossus Class, but it would most likely come to warthunder as the HMS warrior since the uk used her during the war and canada only had her for 2 years between 1946 to 1948

Not true. You can continue to position yourself in better places to optimize the missile’s guidance or to hinder the enemy’s missile’s kinetics and its guidance.

Australia had 3 carriers of the 1942 Light type, including one that rammed and sank 2 of its own ships.

But there is also the:

HMCS Magnificent
HMCS Bonaventure

which served longer.

Also during WW2, we operated:
HMS Nabob
HMS Puncher

The only reason they weren’t allowed to be HMCS ships is because the US didn’t allow them to be fully turned over but they were basically RCN ships.

For carriers.

yeah seems the UK was pretty fine with the dominions using their light carrier but none of them used any of the fleet carriers or at least I dont remember them doing so anyway

i mean, i am not sure, but this would only effect sim players right? so doesnt concern me all to much, but propably annoying for them yeah

That is assuming your enemies and you climb, which very rarely happens nowadays, but also guiding one missile at a time defeats the point of ARHs, and by extension the ICE. If you guide them one by one it’ll fulfill the same role as EJ kai, which while not bad isn’t exactly fun.

anything over the next update at all?

official? only Fox-3. not official, a few good rumors depends on which one you CAN ask lul

Some of the vehicles from the 2.7.0.55 leak were for other games that gaijin publishes or codevelops, like these walking tanks that were used for an event in Enlisted:
gIDG4GF
REkcFkC

usa_f1132c6408549adddbf1dbb9d08ed504
Ger_e126c79bab628ead35bff1b729b3276d

1 Like