Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

Yea even my last bingo card got a flag yet again after it was restored twice by a mod.
Ironically saying it was off topic

Might seem out of place what I’ll say now
But the last part kind of struck my memory
Way back when missiles were only being added, I was thinking that they’d slow down a little and flesh out trees with more early Cold War stuff like earlier FJ Fury series, F-86H and what-not but that wasn’t the case. The addition of air tech progressed so fast that in span of year and a half, game basically went from subsonic to Mach 2 capable (Could be wrong but you get the point)

Sadly I think this will repeat here too, only thing holding them back being addition of more advanced Fox3 missiles and I fear that will be whole another can of worms. Right now would be very good time to slow down with top of the line additions and focus on tier 5 to 7 for air, there’s still plenty of jets to add for some nations

1 Like

Giving the 50s A rank or 3 would help.

Working on making an air tree helped me realize that. I had to try and fit 6 vehicles in about 2 BR ranges. the amount of stuff from that time period is still a lot.

You are talking like there’s two or three vehicles, its not true for Turkey and not true for Israel either. Again, amount of unique stuff surpasses few M60s and Leopards.

Then I don’t really see why and how Turkey would fit into Israeli Tech Tree ? Relation between them is limited to one vehicle (and its modernised versions). Israel has its own Light Vehicles to create a proper branch, even if it did not slapping Turkish stuff makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah, no.

I’m not sure if you ever bothered to check those vehicles before writing this. Sure there are base model M48s but they are all foldered and you don’t really have to play nor research all of them. What you are overlooking is that you need them to have proper line-ups plus those were backbones of Turkish Army for decades, hell even some of them are still in service. We try to have mixture of historical accuracy and in-game balance in our project. If we really get into technicalities, M60s a re not Pattons.

Leopard 1A3T1 (and practically same Leopard 1A3GR) had welded turret, as far as I’m concerned only major operators of 1A3 with welded turret is Turkey and Greece. Sure Germany is the origin of the tank, but excluding their major operators makes no sense.

Well, I’m going to be a little harsh here. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here like none at all. Leopard 2NG Modernisation Package and Revolution/Evolution Modernisation Packages has nothing in common, they are not related. They do though use IBD’s AMAP armor package that is where all the similarities ends. Revolution/Evolution utilises Germany and Israeli sub-systems such as COAPS and PERI-17 meanwhile NG solely uses ASELSAN made electro-optics and sub-systems such as KARTALGÖZÜ CITV, VOLKAN-II Fire Control System, SARP remotely controlled weapon etc. Again, there is no relation between NG and Revolution/Evolution programmes. If Germany desperately needs armored Leopards Revolution and Evolution are more appropriate than NG. Theoretically Germany could get NG too but then they can get every other Leopard 2s.

This is the funniest part, 2A4T1 has quite literally nothing in common with Revolution/Evolution, not even the armor is same. Revolution/Evolution uses IBD’s AMAP package while 2A4T1 uses ROKETSAN’s T1 Armor Package. Before you claim anything, T1 is specifically designed since Turkey got embargoed by Germany and could not access IBD’s AMAP. I mean come on, at least have a quick glance at the short description before you claim such stuff.

KE part is probably true for M60TM but definitely not on Altay. What makes you think that it has paper armor ? K2 Black Panther weighs around 56 tons while Altay easily weighs 10 tons more than K2. Unlike Merkava’s, which I believe why you think Altay would have low KE protection, Altay’s design is more in-line with Western main battle tanks. I would rate T1 armor comparable to 2A7V’s and AHT’s a little more than that with additional armor.

I was wondering why I got notification without any reply. It’s kind of you were left holding the bag, not meant to be that aggressive towards you personally. I’ve read all the comments at once and I think last one was yours, sorry about that. Though, I stand beside my argument about vehicle options.

Yeah no shit it’s heavier. Isn’t it still a manually loaded tank?

Of course it would be heavier. It would need to be larger to fit the extra crew member and space for them to actually load the gun.

We need the SLAMRAAM.

1 Like

Also, if any of you have burnout after the event, I recommend GTFO. Go onto the Discord, get three veterans, let them take you into one of the harder levels, and watch the bonkers crew go.

1 Like

You are aware that for this whole time I was talking exclusively about Patton and Leopard lines, right?

Spoiler

Whole point is you could get functionally same vehicles in other tech-trees if Gaijin bothered to add them.

I wasn’t talking about them in 1:1 manner. As I said before you could get functionally same vehicles in other tt. For example in Germany with different development stages of Leo Revo/Evo project. It really doesn’t matter if your Turkish Leo2a4T had indigenous sights or electrical turret drive instead of hydraulic (for example) since in WT all that matters is thermal imager generation. Even turret drive would only change the sound of the traverse.

I was talking about Sabra’s armor effectiveness for the most part (should’ve phrased that better my bad) but Altay also won’t offer much over Type 10 we have in game.

On a sidenote I’m not a Israel main or anything. I play pretty much all nations and mostly air but I care about game’s health. Israel is currently the most unfinished nation and as long as it can offer better additions than another Magach, adding a subtree for it would be a much healthier solution.

I’m not advocating for Turkey to be part of Israel but there’s no denying in a fact that their vehicles would highly improve Israeli tt.

In the same time I’m against new standalore tt additions (not only Turkey). Your suggested tt looks good, don’t get me wrong but that’s pretty much all Turkey would be able to offer without straight literal 1:1 C&P additions or vehicles currently developed as we speak.

So that’s why that message took you so long to write.

Yeah I often check the forum when I play and type between matches lol

That’s what I do often times, also. Write half a message, get a game, then write the other half after said game.

1 Like

I recommend Battlebit. Hella fun for such a small game

GTFO is extremely difficult, to the point that even a veteran like me can have tonnes of trouble with the D and E tier levels, however a full team (or even just three people) makes some bits comical, with everyone running around with sledgehammers bonking guys on the head.

I want to make it clear the following is my own shoddy speculation, and will very likely be proven wrong. Thank 's for understanding, sorry abt the post.

The way the Exocet has been introduced to WT Mobile, along w/ auxiliary systems for ship 's chaff countermeasures and arcade " reload" mechanics for AShM 's, is leading me towards the conclusion that it will there be used by ships rather than aircraft, despite it 's file location.
The use of the rocketguns folder which is typically used only by aircraft here in WT may not be completely relevant to it 's use in Mobile, the games are alike but not the same in all aspects. If it is intended for shipborne use that may also explain why the weapon is itself named as the MM38 sea-launched version.

This may also be relevant to the Exocet here in WT 's files, it may be that it 's an almost-copy of the Exocet from WTM( their code is very similar ) and resultantly retained it 's " wrong " file location for what it 's ultimately intended for - use by player ships rather than aircraft.
image-1

6 Likes

Yeah we don’t really use APS, but unpowercreep us and we still would be good.

Give Leclercs working hyberbar engine (not the case now),
3/4s reload time (emergency shot, yes they can do mechanical failure IRL, but are the panther and tiger breaking transmission every 100meter or engine taking fire ?)
90km/h max (sprint mode engine),
better shells (SHARD at best),
upgraded armor (where titanium internal reinforcment for the SXXI ?)
and finally spall liners.

Oh and all modern French smokes are not simple smokebut should also help against atgms tracking and all , some sort of soft countermeasure.(GALIX)

We will see if we don’t have cool MBTs then.

2 Likes

They better add exocet to French navy and not giving it to other nations first, even if i can see that coming…

2 Likes

It is right that certain rank 1/stock APFSDS would be able to be stopped by advanced APS, but just to clarify, all of the production arietes starts with either DM33 or 3143, and the only ones that would start with DM23 is the Strv122s or the CR2s(worse than)

Emergency shot would be tricky to implement(three different reload rates) but Id assume it would improve the leclercs at least decently. Centauro II and type 10 can also do so, which would be beneficial to the type 10 especially

Only the Ariete AMV starts with apfsds. All other start with heat because they are only rank 7, which didn’t get apfsds stock