Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

Speaking of …

4 Likes

I was talking about big ships.

Exocet in the files i’m aware, but even there i can feel Germany and other getting it on some boat before France…

Would not be usefull on plane at a BR where navy stop (at least for now, without “modern” navy)

I’m really curious to test exocet against things like Yamato in the hangar btw.

You think that’s bad, wait for H-39 or even worse, when they add the H-40 with some BS justification.

Also the Sovetsky Soyuz class.

Sovietsky soyuz isnt that good. Its hard to screw up copying a littiorio class and not make a good design yet the soviets did.

I wonder what suitable options means in this context?
There are EBRC Jaguar, Vextra 105/120, VBCI-2s with different turrets and possibly more I can’t think of right now. None of the ones I can think of are MBTs though, unless Leclerc prototypes would fit into that BR range. I’d be very happy to have more light options at high BRs though, I’m not a fan of lineups consisting only of MBTs.
Good to know it’s being worked on now though, I hope it won’t take too long.

3 Likes

I can’t believe that between the 100-150 suggestions on the old-warthunder-forums, there aren’t any “suitable” vehicles.

E.G. Vextra, Jaguar, VBCL variants, etc…

If the Ground-Forces Model team and their Freelancers team weren’t producing 20-40 US, GE and ESPECIALLY RU tanks a year, maybe they would have time to fix those gaps.

6 Likes

French so 12.7, perhaps that’s the reason :p

1 Like

F20 in next update?

1 Like

Nice car.

I mean not car☠️☠️

Leo2A4TR : Premium for Italy or Germany?

considering there was this leacked …
…it wouldn’t be weird

I dont see why Italy, Germany could but it just received the WTD61, might makes most sense be a 11.7 TT plane
Edit I just read its premium

They arent Asian though… which could mean the US and RU are getting another power creep at those br’s ,and minor nations like Japan will still have to suffer despite them having suitable options.
Same goes for all other minor nations.

Chances of this ship seem positive, given this Q&A answer:

Q. Will there be projects for series H battleships for Germany in the game? They were laid, but were soon dismantled. The battleship Bismarck will not be able to withstand Yamato and Iowa on equal terms. We would like to see the H-39 project.

• We consider as possible the addition of similar ships, those that were laid down, but were not completed in reality.

( [QA] Answers from the developers - News - War Thunder )

Both of the ships it 's stated here as being intended to counter are in WT Mobile, and DMM had announced they had begun the development process to bring Yamato to WT years before WTM started beta tests. SMS Saschen might’ve been a more unexpected addition than H-39.

Also in WT Mobile already.

Which CR3TD remodeling?

😅
I don’t know a lot about the Jaguar’s 40mm autocannon, but the 2S38 with a 57mm one sits at 10.0…
add the 4 MMPs and it seems more or less equivalent to the Vilkas at 10.3, but with a better autocannon perhaps (probably less ammunition though?). somewhere around 10.3 to 10.7 should fit. CV9040s also don’t go higher than that, do they? The 9040 BILL is only at 10.0, but doesn’t have F&F ATGMs (though going by reports, their benefit might be questionable if they randomly explode in flight).

4 Likes

u aware every country is supposed to get a new rank 7 premium, it would fit right into 11.3 for germany

1 Like

Not that good IRL, that doesn’t mean Gaijin won’t make it good in-game. For instance the 16.5 inch belt that should really be two-pieces will not be in-game. The guns will be insanely good. etc.

I know Soviet ship-building wasn’t stellar and the ships completely unfeasible, but that won’t be reflected in-game. I can only hope the UK receives paper ships like the L2, N3 and 70,000 tonne Lions to counter such ships.

from the CR2 Devblog they mentioned “Damage model refinements” for all of the Challenger 2s and i presume this extends to the “CR3TD” as it is a CR2 “just” with a L55A1 gun

1 Like