Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

and also, i think you need to change it to english or translate it, there arent many chinese user in forum

Well, TLDR:
IT WR 11.7: 75.12
SWE WR 11.7: 73.305
Again inaccurate, refer to the K2 chart

1 Like

more protective performance = more weakpoint aim = more one shot kill = less protective performance
so more protective performance = less protective performance, EQUATION ESTABLISHED

The arietes indeed has no armor, but its almost impossible to one shot, hence:

No armor - reliance on structural resistance - absorption of rounds - better surviability - yes armor
NO ARMOR = YES ARMOR
Alternatively
No armor - requires careful positioning - harder to go to bad places - harder to be found or shot at - less likely to die - yes armor
NO ARMOR = YES ARMOR
Ref: idk that onion thing

what is onion thing?

This

Spoiler

vrwrcvbu9kn41

This also fits warthunder nicely, the first three layers are skill based and the latter three requires the performance of the tank itself

4 Likes

ic

Something interesting worth talking about Incase it hasn’t already:
162a9aaa27aea346c5baae62bf19d4398669429492f4ad8d5a0b3043d128aa3f

The 292 has a somewhat unique Autoloader, as the rounds became to big to store both parts in the carousel autoloader. Instead the warheads are stored in the hull autoloader, while the charges are stored in the Bustle rack Autoloader in the back of the turret, and might have blowout panel status.

16 charges are stored in the back of the turret, which makes up the first stage ammo rack, and any extra are stored somewhere in the hull.
I can’t speak with authority, but I believe the warheads should have a lesser chance of ammo detonation, as unlike the charges they are only partially filled with explosives. I don’t know what the odds look like in game tho

Also, one extra note, the model for this tank seems pretty accurate, and it’s armor values seem correct considering it’s based on a T-80BV tank

4 Likes

I wonder if it’ll explode if the carousel ammo pieces are hit, maybe just HE shells.

I’m pretty sure that warheads in game have a lower chance of detonation than the chargers, but I can’t be 100% certain in that, and I don’t know how much detail goes into these factors. On the British Challys, their warheads don’t detonate at all, as they are just the darts, but in Russian tanks, even the APFSDS cover has propellent in it, so there should always be a chance with Russian warheads. I’m just not sure what those numbers look like tho.

Also I don’t know how much Ammo selection plays into this.

The material I’m reading says in Russian “T-80U with LP-83”. The btvt website says T-80U chassis. Very early T-80U began with Kontakt-1, but was quickly switched over to Kontakt-5. I’ve seen in a different forum thread that they took an existing T-80U with K1, and stripped it off. I’m not sure if this ever happened, Wikipedia says it did.

From the reading I’ve done today, you can basically summarize the T-80 into the following:
T-80BV’s are merely T-80B’s with K-1
T-80U’s are basically T-80’s with new turrets and K5
T-80BVM’s are upgrades done to the T-80BV’s and B’s in Russian strategic storage using components and materials from or related to the T-90M project (Relikt etc.)

All variants at times received new engines. The hulls are essentially the same, from what I’ve read. Only things that make it different are ERA and engines. Therefore the 292 will basically a T-80U hull without ERA, as it’s supposed to have had the GTD-1250, with a T-80BV turret, which you can tell most obviously by the shape of the commander’s cupola and it’s periscope positions on the hatches. If you read between the lines, a T-80BV hull without ERA is the same as a T-80U hull without ERA if the GTD-1250 is installed. My bet is that Kirov just took a T-80BV stripped off the ERA, cut and fit the LP-83 to the turret, and then installed plates to simulate the weight of what must’ve been K5 according to the armored model we’ve seen.

1 Like

A tank full of Russian bias😐

1 Like

All my typing just recently to come to the same conclusion lol. Not sure if the autoloader will be less easily detonated. I read it was a blow out bustle, but I just get a bad feeling it’s gonna detonate a lot.

I see my image has reached the forum. :)

4 Likes

when are you going to resume the By-weekly decals? that was a great source to get extra customization that at this moment is close to 0, most are behind a paywall in Battlepasses. There is yet an explication by gaijin why this was put to stop.

2 Likes

Any leaks?

no, not as far as i’m aware.

no new leaks appart from the 2 that have gone around for a while

Must of been another moon man ;)

i’m curious to what we will get for news upcoming week.
I sure hope we are going to get the roadmap for 2024 since that has been more then a month ago…

Dev-blog season starts in 2-3 weeks if they are keeping the old update schedule.