Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

I mean it makes sense why it’s not been added yet

Looks to be part of the upgrades to high-top Air battles, though it 's possible the MLRS 's and howitzers could also be part of the upcoming WWM season.

The SAM 's and radar 's seem to be related to these dev answers regarding anti-radiation missiles:

( [QA] Answers from the developers - News - War Thunder )

( [Development] Dev team replies to community feedback on the Sky Guardians update - News - War Thunder )

The fact that the specific SAM systems mentioned in these answers are the ones to have appeared in the files is probably not coincidental.

4 Likes

That’s probably why it wasn’t done.

Though I’m glad as an SB main. The number of bots would be kinda insane if they all could be done in SB

Just a major question of whether they will be player controlled or ai only. I could see them being either

(The SAMs)

They can’t move.

1 Like

Some I think could be on mobile launchers though and they could have a mobile radar dome but static launchers on the edge of the map or something

I don’t know. I’m trying to find sources, mostly for entertainment purposes because I find the large gun MBT’s fascinating. But I don’t know of any primary sources for this and the other later objects. I know the armored warfare website was used as a secondary source in one of the forum posts here about the 292. There they say it was fitted for Agava-2 thermal imaging. It has a T-80U turret, so I’d assume whatever justification for the T-80U having an imager Agava-2 would work here. You can see on the top of the turret, where the housing for it would go. Agava-2 was built around 1986/1987, and the 292 prototype according to the devblog was completed in 1991.

Tbh, they even put a thermal on the T-80B of the same quality, and that thing hovers at 10.3, I don’t think it’s a stretch, especially if it goes up from 10.0 like everyone is complaining it should.

90s FOX-3s!!!

4 Likes

lol it has to be a joke.

No matter the reload speed, no one will survive the first shot from that thing. 10 is ridiculous.

1 Like

https://fb.watch/pPK2QtYOdK/

https://twitter.com/WarThunder/status/1750941498248466937

I suppose these are all existing vehicles? Notjing new or surprising?

yep all are vehicles wee already have , nice trailler tho

I just hope they hold it to the same standards as they did the Abrams hull armor and NATO tanks spall liners in terms of required sources.

But it’s a russian tank so I doubt it, looking at the T-80B.

1 Like

R73, M2 Browning in M1, Mirage(? im not sure), Leo2, F15, VT4, F16, T90M, JAS39, basicly its the toptier vehicles

3 Likes

I thought as much, but it’s the closest thing to news and I might have missed something.

i think its just a esport trailer, we may can get some new skins or decoration

2 Likes

It’s got the T-80B turret, and unlike the T-80B and T-80U that both have versions that were upgraded with thermals, this tank represents a very specific vehicle, so unless there’s hard evidence it ever had thermals, I doubt we’ll see it get them.

2 Likes

We’ll have to see how well it performs, but even with amazing ammo, it still lags behind in some ways compaired to other tanks, although I could def see it going up to 10.3

1 Like

Turns out the arietes needs to be 12.0, they are way too destructive.
Also weird that the wr drifts so absurdingly off the K2 chart, which can only explain that those players who were examined by TS and plays IT top tier are the biggest tryhards of the game

Italy is too OP, need a nerf, and russia is too weak, need a buff (

1 Like

Yeah Russia needs a buff. The more protected these Germanic/Russian/Swedish “knights” are, the deadlier the British/Chinese/Japanese/Italian/Israeli/French “farmers” and their “hay forks” are.