Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

Stat based BR changes ftw - event vehicles usually escape these changes due to obvious reasons.

Yeah, Its possible it will stay put (small part of me hopes it does, will be fun at 11.7 in SB)

But we’ll just have to wait and see

With half the missile count, and don’t act as if 530D are comparable to AIM-7M

1 Like

The “better” argument for 9Ls for the F-14A would be the Tornado F3 at 11.3 with 9Ls. but I dont know enough about the F-14As flight performance to really be able to comment (I play SB, and basically never fight against the US)

Though that argument hasnt worked so far for 9Ls on the FGR2

1 Like

Same thing with the F15A

The only real downside of F-14A is not enough engine power. It turns very good with minimal sweep but struggles a lot in verticals. You can bleed it out of energy pretty easily

Actually I think that was them just trying to appease the US mains for their new top tier not being meta

Yeah, sounds a lot like the Tornado (minus the ability to turn)

Nah the only downside to the F15 is Hmd i see as a mistake

3 Likes

Yeah the difference is that Tornado is well… a Tornado and carries Skyflashes which are just worse than AIM-7F/M present on most American 11.3 jets. Not to mention the lack of HMS on Tornado.

To me it’s simple:

Slightly worse flight performance than F-4J/S + Slightly worse radar missiles than F-4J/S + Lack of HMD = better IR missiles

I didn’t say that at all, but to think the F-14a would suddenly be op at 11.7 with 9Ls is silly.

I’ve only played a couple of ARB battles in the CS4 and last I checked I was sitting at a 18 kills to 2-3 deaths. Very fun.

What annoying is that on paper Skyflash SuperTEMP should be better than Aim-7Ms and the Tornado F3 actually had a kinda HMS. The pilot could manually slew the seeker on a 9L around, or something. Plus always the fact that the rear operator could angle the radar in a fight far easier than you can in game. But yeah.

Anyway, gunna be fun to finally fly the Tornado F3 in SB against something other than 12s soon. Finally get my venegence on the Mig-23MLD

Yep, would also be my first top tier of another nation (exlcuding the Gripen C) so would be very different to what im use to

Give the M2KCS4/5 four Magic 2s and keep it at 12.0.

Not possible for S4

Yeah pilot had a tiny joystick for slaving IR seekers

Its a shame that wasnt modeled, like HMD but just within the FOV on the seeker.

Though we still dont even have radar synmoblogy for the HUD yet and I want that even more

Gameplay/event balance or IRL limitation?

The only evidence for 4 Magics comes from export 5F and Hellenic C5 iirc

official statement:

1 Like