Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

Since Taiwan has quite a few fighters left to add still, adding even more with the J-10 and potentially the J-20 sometime down the line doesn’t make much sense. Instead, I reckon they should do as you said and have the J-8s and J-11 moved to make the “heavy” fighter line, with the rest being the “light” fighter line.

2 Likes

Not really… it’s a little more complex than that but maybe WT’s complex radar models already have some ground work for this.
Eitherway, we’d likely see refinement as they go and they’d implement it as simple as possible from the start.

Still think the first gen 4.5 jet with reduced RCS will come with an F-117 alongside it some form or the other. And probably soon seeing how quickly we got F14/16/15.

Could be deadly in ground/night battles though.

I thought it would have been obvious that that was a joke, but okay.

Most likely just 9M
I feel like they won’t bother adding 9L(i)

1 Like

Please don’t reply to or mention me.

From the additional reading I’ve done, it appears to be low contrast color TV. It looks black and white because the TV is practically black and white. 🙃

1 Like

Oh sorry, didn’t catch om to that 😅

Maybe when F-4F ICE comes

2 Likes

F/A-18A could’ve been added over a year ago together with F-16A

It had wiring for 2 sidewinders which was necessary to be classified as a fighter

Yeah so I’m thinking it might be here within 2024, hopefully with reduced RCS and an accompanying event/squadron/premium F-117 for that mechanic. It’s kinda useless outside of ground battles and many people’s idea of early stealth so would be a great marketing point.

I’d love flying it in Sim EC, eventhough it wouldn’t be able to fight any players or even take out a base. Just chill eurotruck simulator playstyle.

1 Like

huh F-18?

Yeah, it has an insanely low RCS due to lessons learned from the F-117 and other such projects.

Having 10 A2A missile hardpoints would make it quite a bit better than the F-16As.

You are confusing it with Super Hornet. Legacy F/A-18 didn’t have any of that

China basically has all the flankers that Russia has, but since Gaijin likes to copy and paste, I guess I will copy and paste the Su-30 and Su-35 first, and then it will be the turn of the J-11B

The Su-35 is the best Russian flanker. Why is it that you believe that will come before an upgraded J-11?

Gaijin likes to copy and paste

Legacy Hornet would be slightly worse than F-16 in dogfights while having comparable radar and BVR capability. It also doesn’t carry 10 but 8 missiles so nothing over F-14B’s capabilities.