Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

The MSIP version had better engines, and thus if it was to get the better radar, it should get the better engines.

F-15A could mount AIM-120? Since when? Only post-MSIP and later variants could use them thanks to new radar. A and B were completely incapable of using AMRAAM.

considering it’s already an amalgamation, my guess was that it would just get AMRAAMs and the CMs to remain competitive with the 15C getting the better rest of it to justify the next aircraft in the line.

Just answered your own question - F-15A we have in game is a mix match between non MSIP and MSIP 15A.

It’s not a mix match but rather a standard F-15A fitted with countermeasure dispensers which also happened to be a part of the MSIP upgrades.

Almost like a pre MSIP aircraft was mixed with MSIP components lol

It doesnt really matters as the yak 141 loadout is based on what was supposed to carry if the development went forward, they were also planned to carry the r77, like they were planned to use the r27 and r73.

Very much doubt it. I think they will want to keep the F-15A at it’s current BR because it’s already lacking features that other planes at 12.3 have and that are very useful, mainly HMD.

I think they’ll introduce an F-15C with HMD either when they release amraams or shortly after.

I must be misremembering because iirc ALE-45 existed before MSIP was a thing.

The system itself probably did, but the F-15a didn’t get CMs until the MSIP program - before then they had to jam chaff underneath the airbrake so they had something. We’ll just have to wait until Feb to see what this major patch is going to be about.

That’s why these threads can be so fun and frustrating at the same time.

R73 yeah i can see that
But R77 no as it came out much later after it was scrapped their is no intention of having R77 on it
EDIT
Found some indication of it getting R77 but i doubt it will get it in game

Cus one of prototypes had one installed IIRC.

Hey I found it. The devs response explaining this: Yak-141 (Yak-41M) - History, Design, Performance & Dissection - Page 4 - Soviet Union - War Thunder - Official Forum

Not a bug. These features were planned for the version of the aircraft that has been selected to be represented in game. Skins / markings / Aircraft numbers are not indicative of any particular time locked version of the aircraft and are chosen purely for cosmetic reasons.

I recall something similar being said abt the F4D-1, but still haven’t been able to find it.

1 Like

6 KH-29 would probably be it’s best loadout

the r77 didnt came much later… it was just adopted later on but the missile development started around the same time or even sooner, not to mentions that there is image of it with the missile, so they likely had plans to use it on the yak.

1 Like

I guess we gonna have a double standard on the M4K planned to use 14 MICAs x)

2 Likes

If the 141 got it M4K can get them too.

I’ll never touch the M4K if that happens.
Wanting it to be nerfed to 13.7 is upsetting.
France would lose its best jet just to be carried by missiles…
I’m impatient about jets being added that are carried so much by missiles.

Its still an incredible flight model. They can even just give it a few MICA when the AMRAAM are added like 2 on the R530 pylons.

It really depends how the game progresses. They could always use the Mirage 2NG

No, MICAs are entirely unnecessary for Mirage 4000.
Mirage 2000 5F exists for a MICA EM machine and would be more balanced as well while allowing Mirage 4000 to still be the 2nd best 12.3 in the game with Gripen in first.
Or 12.7 if that’s a decompression BR later on.

Cause I’m not against MICA EMs, I’m against my precious Mirage 4000 getting them.
I can withstand Mirage 2000 going to 13.0 with MICA EMs, if Mirage 4000 went up [and it’d go well beyond 13.0] I’d be devastated in having to retire it from random battles.

It’s a similar opinion I have of Yak-141. Just have Mig-29K as an R-77 carrier instead as it’d be a similar BR to an R-77 Yak-141 anyway.

I want my funnest vehicles to stay fun, that is all.

2 Likes