Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

i love your deep insight into russian pods and general ground capabilities

2 Likes

it has it listed

Screenshot_20240114_002759_Brave

3 Likes

nah it can’t get it
it doesn’t have the radar for it

why does it need a radar for it

because its a R77 an ARH missile it requires a radar lock to fire and for that radar need to be compatible with it

F-15As could mount AMRAAMs, but knowing Gaijin it will be with the 15C.

1 Like

It’s definitely important, but on a clear day, the Arsenal the Su-34 can carry alone would allow it to be up there as one of the best strike fighters. Not to mention it would probably get the Kh-29TD so it can reach out and launch on SPAA the second it sees them

1 Like

Outside of mad dog range, you need a radar lock (soft or hard) to give course correction updates to the missile so it will actually find what you are shooting at.

The MSIP could, and we have an ahistorical F-15A with the CMs that the MSIP version had.

Seeing as the F-15J will get them without another 15J II or something, I reckon it would be fine for the 15A to get them and the C gets a later variant like C5.

If it gets the MSIP engines and radar, yes. If not, no.

No current F-15J is not fox 3 capable another F-15J is needed

2 Likes

They only gave it the MSIP CM as it would be terrible at top tier without them and so many would complain its only their for balance so don’t think the A will get AMRAAMS they will make you grind a new plane for it

1 Like

You say that like I don’t know that.

I’d personally love to see a historical F-15A with only AIM-9Js and AIM-7E-2s at 11.0 and without CMs, just to see how people would do in it.

2 Likes

Perhaps your thinking of the Mig-29SMT that was shown at an airshow with the French targeting pod. The FullBack has never been shown with an external targeting pod, and while maybe it would be possible, it already has an internal pod in the belly, so the Russians probably don’t see the need for another.

Also as for the Chinese Flankers, they have the Su-30MKK which is just as capable as the best Russian versions, and the Chinese also have the Su-35, which to my knowledge can carry just as much air to ground as the Su-30. Not even talking about the J-16 ofc

1 Like

Su-24 is just Slightly better than the 27K, and would still be noticably inferior to planes such as the JH-7A or F-16C in many aspects

You can also find the loadouts in the files here: War-Thunder-Datamine/aces.vromfs.bin_u/gamedata/flightmodels/weaponpresets/yak_141_2x_r_77.blkx at master · gszabi99/War-Thunder-Datamine · GitHub / War-Thunder-Datamine/aces.vromfs.bin_u/gamedata/flightmodels/weaponpresets/yak_141_4x_r_77.blkx at master · gszabi99/War-Thunder-Datamine · GitHub

Pretty sure the Yak-141 has a radar ingame. Remember, it 's one of those " intended armament w/ known performance on other platforms " implementations like the Sea Meteor.

1 Like

im mean a Radar capable of firing R77 not that it doesn’t have a radar

What does giving it AMRAAMs have to do with better engines? No one said that the A has to be brought up to complete MSIP standard. I don’t think they want to do a 29SMT again and make the next aircraft in the line obsolete.