Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

The UK, Germany, and Italy, since they’d all have them on Typhoons.

That is my only concession. I wouldn’t mind seeing those two having no competitive top tier for a brief period although that is very toxic of me.

Yeah especially when we get Meteor to work on the F35B

‘Planned’ for F-35, gimme.

well italy, france and sweden as well, all europeans used meteor

1 Like

AIM-260 is the US equivalent

AIM-120 (Any) aren’t Meteor equivilent. I think that was something like AIM-260 JATM

it will be hard to add AIM-260 for a while since we don’t even know what it looks like yet

1 Like

How is the AIM-120D worse than the Meteor?

but we will be the first on stealth aircraft unless Germany gets some F35A soon and get Meteor to work on them

Oh I know, Europeans would be okay, Russia and China have their Hypersonic and Ultra-long-range
(and apparently) slightly brickish missiles. As of current the US has no missile comparable and the AIM-260 isn’t in service and probably won’t even have enough data available to be modelled properly.

because it doesn’t have a ramjet motor, which is an enormous advantage because the missile is provided with thrust all the way to the target

Meteor has a longer range than AIM-54, while 120D does not.
Meteor’s a ramjet, rocket engine combination while 120’s are just the rocket motor with sustainer.

they dont match in speed, range or anything else they just cheaper, the equivalent is still in development

Worse propulsion method, shorter NEZ. And those are just airframe features, when it comes to software there’s not much data but i’d suggest that the Europeans wouldn’t field a missile with worse software than one they already used.

1 Like

ICE only had grey nose in service.

Ramjet basically Meteor is only comparable to AIM 260 and AIM 260 isn’t considerably better their is a reason the British are trying to get Meteor to work on the F35B as they don’t want to buy AIM 260

You don’t all have to jump in all at once.

Yes. I know. I made it clear in the comment you replied to that I know.

1 Like

well u asked xD