Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

Especially considering the fact it’s the best Swedish fighter.

There is no confirmation, and that is all that matters.

F4 ICE won’t be hard to add

Well when the eurofighter comes the gripen e should come soon after if not at the same time

There was an F-4F model found in the CDK which was an F-4F ICE with the black nose, so my guess is that it was a WIP F-4F ICE.

Early EFTs no later ones yes

but you said yourself the grippen e has better qualities then EFTs, tranche 1 definitly should not come together with the grippen e

Early ones won’t even be that much better than the Gripen C with AMRAAMs.

Yeah if they give sweden meteors. But i doubt that. Theyll probably both just have aim 120

Obviously the Gripen C will only have AMRAAMs. My guess is that they’ll pull the early-late thing with the E, with the early having RB99s and RB98s (IRIS-T), and the late having RB101s (Meteor) and RB98s.

1 Like

by the time the gripen E comes their will be EFTs and Rafaels with it so no

Meteors below stealth BRs would kill the game.
So nah.
I expect us to never see above AMRAAM C-4 capabilities for non-stealth aircraft.

The issue lies more with the radar. Whilst the EF will be able to make longer range launches, the M-scan radars are good at maintaining lock once they acquire it, but they can only acquire larger targets at range in comparison to AESA radars. Against an F-15 or Flanker they will do fine, but against a gripen or f-16 if the other has AESA they won’t do as well.

IMO they should add the Gripen E when the EF and Rafale get access to all of their hardpoints. So 12 for both excluding TGP’s. Then Gripen E could come but also without the Raven AESA, as it uses a PS-05/A Mk.4 mounting it could be compatible and possibly an export option for cheapness and IIRC the full-production AESA hasn’t been finished yet so they must have something placeholder in Brazillian service.

Agree. Ramjet missiles would just be rediculously impossible to balance

but i would love to dunk on US and USSR jets with Meteors, they can be not meta for once as well

2 Likes

They’d only be balanced against each-other and as they’re only used by European nations and China, Gaijins favourites won’t have a competitor in the immediate future unless they turn to hypersonic bricks and the AIM-260.

1 Like

The moment Meteor enters the scene, I think the UK will become the most powerful nation in the air lol

The AIM-120C-7 is the US equivalent to the Meteor, correct? Or is that the AIM-120D?

Well no stealth aircraft use them at this time

pretty much any country with access to meteor yes