Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

Yes exactly

1 Like

it definitely some engine issue old engines like this one always problems like this

Thought so! I remember a big part of the Eurofighter Typhoon program was a disagreement between participating nations on which radar set to use

for the doubts the R-Darter is the israeli Rafael Derby produced by south africa under license, soo yes the SAAF Gripen-C should get the Derby like israel in their jets.

With AMRAAMs coming, I do very much wonder who will get them. FRS.1 cannot mount AMRAAM, so they’d need to add Sea Harrier FA.2, but…in the current meta, where would a plane like that even go? Weapons too strong for a plane that can’t turn or dogfight.

I hate BR compression…

the JAS-39C obviously

Depending on it’s IR fit, I would imagine 12.3. Regardless of how good its kit is, I doubt it would be good enough to carry a first generation harrier airframe with more weight added.

Well yes, but FA.2 is a pretty famous and significant jet to british aviation. It has to be added eventually, and the additions of AMRAAM seem like a good time.

FA.2 I think can only carry AIM9L

9L(i) so they will give it 9ms

2 Likes

If just 9L then with just the 120A’s it could be 12.0.

No as it make its br increase and their for not fill the gap that it does

it was added so that Britain would have a vehicle for fox-3s when they come

u are aware sea harrier 2 and tornado upgrades carry fox 3 missles right?

No it was added as we lacked a 12.0 and 12.3
They won’t give it AMRAAMS as it will no longer fill the gap in our tree that it does

They will add domestic options before any additions to other planes

we’ll see when they drop champ

1 Like

The only planes that are in game now that i see getting fox 3 is the f16c and the mig29smt

the gripens will get amraam and the J-8F will get PL-12s mark my words

1 Like

I thought they said fox 3s would arrive for everyone when they are added. You think just USA and Russia?

Like I’ve said before, people are vastly overstating the effectiveness of the early AMRAAM. I don’t think they will increase the BRs for them, and the Russian fox 3 is almost certainly going to be better if the 7F vs R-27ER saga is anything to go by.

1 Like