Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

uh…no haha, what was it?

depends how old the article is you did read, the AESA radars are supposed to come in the next 2-3 years

Will send in the DM’s don’t wanna hijack this thread.

1 Like

Indeed. When I started to gather planes for the Canadian Air tree I’m working on the Avro Arrow Mk. 2 was brought up. Thatz had told me this:

With it, I learned that as long as correction was decently thorough and everything else is known it is possible.

(So yes this does mean you could make a suggestion for it and the suggestion mods could approve of it)

1 Like

Not the same as the Su-30SM though. Stabilizers were redone based on feedback from Su-35, lighter materials used, reshaped radar nose cone area and canards, reshaped LERX’s, new flight computer.

I am not read up well on the Su-33, but I know they have different radomes due to the ramps for takeoff, and the Su-30SM doesn’t have that.

Su-33 weighs 100kg more, has less hardpoints, and does not have TVC. Su-30SM is a different beast.

On the topic of Avro, goodness me I hope Air RB gets a rework so more jet bombers like Avro Vulcan can come to the game and contribute. There’s been lots of talk by CC regarding bomber reworks being suggested internally too

1 Like

I tried that, 4 times, it’s not getting through. I’m over it and i’d rather not talk about EAP rn outside of an educational context tbh.

1 Like

The Kuwaiti and Saudi ones have the MK.0 already on their new batches. Technically they field a better radar than the developers at the moment. But then again, the ECRS MK.1 will blow it out of the water and in turn is blown out of the water by the MK.2.

i think im miss remembering must of been that they were trying to get AESA as fast as possible and not that it had it on the first production

Well now that i know that it didn’t have AESA of the bat gajin where is my EFT please

the mk 1 and mk 2 discussion we already had plenty xD with them being irrelevant in war thunder and being the same

oh hey @Fireball_2020 i somehow summoned the most knowledgable guy about EFTs

No No, Captor M and Captor E refer to their method of scan, it’s a generic term, also known as M-scan or E-Scan.
The Captor M’s are:
ECR-90A
ECR-90B
ECR-90C (Captor C)
ECR-90D (Captor D)

Captor E’s
ECRS MK0
ECRS MK1
ECRS MK2

5 Likes

So they are Mechanical (M) and Electronic (E) then?
Also wassup dude, hope you had a good holiday and new year. Good to see you around again :)

1 Like

I would like bombers to be playble they are my favourite planes.

1 Like

ah fair enough, like i said

xD , but hey at least i knew about AESA not being a thing yet

2 Likes

Ye exactly. In-game, it will be negligible.

1 Like

RIGHT?!
Gosh, while I like fighters, I will forever love bomber and Strike aircraft. Something so satisfying with it…

1 Like

You were right

3 Likes

You’re really going to say that people not being able to fit them on their monitor is the reason? Lmaooooo.
The tech trees are too long to fit on my monitor and a scroll bar works fine with that.

I always have low standards for GJN devs, but amazingly you guys always exceed expectations!

5 Likes