Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

That is the point. You can add what remains to be added from a national TT. Or you can put a subTT and stretch the useful life of that nation much further. This is perfect if we think that many vehicles could never be in the game because those nations cannot support themselves and if you add to all this that you expand the representation to other regions of the world, then the sub trees may be some of Gaijin’s best inventions in recent years.

This game is based on adding vehicles every few months. At this rate and at the point we are at, without sub trees the game would not be able to maintain the current pace of updates for much longer.

This is already happening. Great Britain, Sweden and Italy extended their useful life to continue receiving vehicles in future updates. UK needed light tanks in almost all its lines. Could the UK have received its light subTT with indigenous vehicles? I’m sure I could have, but then what?
South Africa allowed the UK to complete its lineups and, at the same time, continue receiving vehicles for some time to come. The same with Sweden and Italy, these sub trees will give oxygen to these technological trees for a longer time.

SubTTs are inevitable if we want this game to receive content for many years to come. The German air TT urgently needs a subTT (unless we agree that the game is over for the German air in a few more updates).

If they don’t get something rule bending (trialed vehicles) or a Subtree then yeah its going to be dead until at least the second half of the year.

2 Likes

I love how they like to explain things as rules but yet deny having rules and yet again using some random X rule

Like now They are not letting Germany have a trailed vehicles to fill in gaps.
But yet Sweden got the T-80U which they don’t need.

1 Like

I agree. My main problem (and what is felt here) is the lack of predictability of the game in the future.

We have Challenger 3, Leopard 2A7V 2S38 and T90M among others, and then what? What will we receive in each major update?

Did you think about this?

The only game mode that is exempt from sub trees at the moment is naval.

2 Likes

May I once again point out that Gaijin has dug itself into the current place and doesn’t seem to want to change that.

That a tree is made up of researchable 5 lines max and that a sub-tree is 1 line.

With everything we’ve learned, it doesn’t seem like Gaijin wants to change this so we only have 3 at max but more like 2 that could take a sub-tree. This brings us to point one more tech-trees.

We still have plenty that even if they just have to last until they could get a sub-tree. It would be fine.

1 Like

My assumption is that at the ends of the lines there’ll be modern tech demonstrators and experimental MBTs like the Leopard 2-140 and M1 CATTB, as well as giving NLOS missiles more of their real life capabilities and moving all vehicles with them up.

1 Like

We need sub trees to have their own tab within the host nation.
That is the only way forward to me

3 Likes

I think with naval for most tree’s you either have enough for a full tree or you don’t. Therefore subtree’s are not required. At most you can argue the UK has some CW naval additions but they were quite literally a part of the Royal Navy and the sub-nation was more like a division within the RN than an independent force.

1 Like

I don’t understand why some are against sub trees. We’re getting to the point where at least 5 nations receive the M109 in the same update.

1 Like

This is what I mean when people don’t understand how the game works.

Without new sub trees and nation and we are at a point of adding tanks not even in service yet.
How are we going to keep going forward ?

2 Likes

Hehe F-35 would like to have a word btw m8

1 Like

Yes, that would have been the better way of doing so(and would have allowed for more than one sub-tree).

But we work with what we have. 5 researchable lines (Air and Ground) and 1 sub-tree (line 5).

From our more extreme Bexladux ideas: Dutch tree with large Bulgum sub-tree.
Or our less extreme Commonwealth idea(Now that it won’t have SA): Canada with an ANZAC sub-tree.

I believe that these are the only possible nations with sub-tree combos actively talked about. Or at least the only ones I’ve taken part of.

I’m not against it. It’s just that the facts I have collected from Gaijin have it so how sub-trees are done right now not all nations can get one.

If they did it differently maybe I’d look at the big three and say the could get one but now how they are right now.

1 Like

In other forums we work with a Latin American TT project, but we don’t get too excited until Gaijin shows signs of wanting to incorporate combined trees.

A TT between Argentina, Brazil and Chile can work well in the game if they do it combined.

The good thing is that Gaijin always bends his own rules. The bad thing is that we never know in which direction he does it.

Least the British and Italian one’s should have the potential for Meteor.

and german one maybe

1 Like

Ya. Realistically if they were going to do combined trees we’d have a Commonwealth tree by now. Instead, we have an SA sub-tree and Canada and the ANZACs are in a really bad places in-game right now(more so one Canadas part).

So I’ve been sticking to ideas that could work if it works under the sub-tree system.

1 Like

To my knowledge (and I may be wrong) Germany hasn’t officially slated it or funded integration, but there’s no reason (in my mind) to believe that they would retain the AMRAAM or AIM-260 and not choose Meteor.

Whereas Italy tagged onto the UK’s integration which was a thing wanted for F-35 essentially since Meteor entered service.

Still it would make sense for Germany to get meteor and if they get the block 4(?) upgrades they should be able to use all of the weapons that have been integrated anyway.

Same applies to Brimstone/SPEAR when LM finally get round to integrating it.

Somehow these rules don’t feel like they are bending anytime soon and if it dose not in the way we’d like.

not we how Smin and the others have acted/said.